BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

LCV airbags / Escape Gear seat covers / Recommended Mods

More
24 Feb 2023 20:32 #247740 by lidsparris
Evening All :)

Super happy and proud to announce that after many years of dreaming I am finally a Jimny owner :) 

Naturally I need to treat him to some mods and upgrades and I’ve been looking at purchasing the escape gear seat covers. There’s an option on there for either with or without airbags and I just want to confirm that the LCV does *not* have airbags in the seats as suggested by various things I’ve read online? I’ve tried to find an official spec that details airbag locations to no avail, but several places citing only two airbags as one of the drawbacks to the LCV, the manual seams to be a generic one for the SZ5 and is not specific to the LCV. Just wanted to confirm this with you knowledgeable folks? 

While I’m here I’d also be super grateful if anyone can advise on mods/add ons that are worthwhile. Below is my current shopping list, if there’s anything missing that anyone would recommend as essential, or conversely, anything on here you wouldn’t recommend I’d be grateful to hear peoples thoughts :) (it’s primary purpose is every day use and not off roading - sacrilege I know - I borrowed my mums SZ4 for a while several years ago and fell in love with it, it’s just been my dream car since. I live in Yorkshire and we do a lot of hiking in the peaks, dales and lakes so he will spend a decent amount of time out and about in the countryside!)

- rear defogger guards 
- centre console storage tray 
- armrest
- mud flaps (unsure if still recommended if not off roading?)
- side mouldings 
- LED tail lights 
- aforementioned escape gear seat covers
- rust protection - dinitrol?

I also plan to upgrade the wheels and tyres going forward which will take a little saving but recommendations for these welcome also. 

Apologies for the long post and thanks for your time in reading it. 

Warm wishes from a very happy and excited new Jimny owner - Lydia 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2023 21:34 #247741 by 300bhpton
Ultimately mods will be individual to each other.

Personally can’t see the point in the defogger guards, arm rest, led taillights or side mouldings.

For the seat covers. If the seats have airbags it will have tags on them to say so. When I orders mine they asked me to take photos of the seats to ensure they where correct. You also have to select a specific model when ordering. Not just a generic vehicle.

As for other mods. Really depends what you are doing, what you want to achieve and how much you want to spend.

That said. Enjoy! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: lidsparris

More
24 Feb 2023 21:44 - 24 Feb 2023 21:45 #247742 by mlines
The airbag information is confusing because they appear as a "where fitted" option in the LCV user manual and then in the LCV parts manual as half length curtain airbags and seat side bags.

It is not clear what the fitment criteria is for getting the full airbag system but my UK spec LCV only has the two front airbags. I checked this visually and there are no SRS labels on the seats or at the top of the side pillar.

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 24 Feb 2023 21:45 by mlines.

More
24 Feb 2023 21:56 #247743 by mlines
PS. They are great little cars and I love my LCv

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
28 Feb 2023 12:47 #247791 by ajsms999
Hi Lydia,

Congrats on the Jimny LCV - I'm sure you will love it.
I have senT you a PM, re your list of extras.

Thanks
Andrew

More
05 Mar 2023 10:02 #247898 by RumbleAndSway
Can’t comment on the airbag question but Martin’s response covers this.

I have all your suggested accessories and would buy them all again. One of the pleasures of Jimny ownership is “making it your own”.

Dinitrol is recommended.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds