BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:G'day from Oz

More
31 Mar 2022 09:39 #242618 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:G'day from Oz
Hi RonOz,welcome, I'm on the west side of oz, have you found out what car the 1.6 came out of hope it was a swift sport very good motor relatively easy to fit no re engineering or machining
Sounds like you got the bargain of the century

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2022 03:30 #242649 by Ron0z
Replied by Ron0z on topic Re:G'day from Oz

nearly lost it going down a steep hill when it started to snake. That was nasty.

I know exactly what you mean. I had a Falcon and was asked if I'd help pick up an old Oldsmobile. He paid for the car trailer so I said okay. Unfortunately, there was no option but to put the car on backwards. The balance was all wrong on the trailer. Driving was okay at first, but when I came to a downhill grade the car started to snake. I don't know whether it was tending to lift the front or rear wheels, but I could barely keep the car straight. Accelerating helped stabilize the car, but who wants to do that with a load and heading downhill. Very nasty.

More
01 Apr 2022 03:37 #242650 by Ron0z
Replied by Ron0z on topic Re:G'day from Oz

have you found out what car the 1.6 came out of

No, not as yet. Someone else mentioned that they bolt straight in, and wondered if that's what I have. When the dust settles (and I stop trembling) I'll contact Suzuki and see if they recognise the engine number. It would be useful to know where it came from and what year it was too. For specs, maintenance, and the like.

And, by the way, it's nice to know there's at least one other from Oz.

More
01 Apr 2022 05:26 #242651 by Old Neil
Replied by Old Neil on topic Re:Re:G'day from Oz

Ron0z wrote:

have you found out what car the 1.6 came out of

No, not as yet. Someone else mentioned that they bolt straight in, and wondered if that's what I have. When the dust settles (and I stop trembling) I'll contact Suzuki and see if they recognise the engine number. It would be useful to know where it came from and what year it was too. For specs, maintenance, and the like.

And, by the way, it's nice to know there's at least one other from Oz.

Don't get stressed out, step at a time, ask questions on forum, most second hand modified cars need sorting can be dornting to begin with
Have a look at front brake rotors, if they are standard solid rotors, Martin has vented disc brakes conversion in his shop could help with slowing down the extra weight
Cheers Neil

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

More
01 Apr 2022 10:12 #242654 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Re:Re:G'day from Oz
In Austria Jimnys are often used with a snow plough in the front and a salt spreader in the back and this adds a lot of weight. For this there are reinforced springs and with them the allowed load of a jimny is increased. Attached there is a picture and maybe this could help.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds