BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Heated seat retrofit

• Em177
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Dec 2021 15:46 #240447 by Em177
Heated seat retrofit was created by Em177
Has anyone retrofitted OEM heated seats to an SZ4/commercial?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2021 10:34 #240454 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Heated seat retrofit
I'm sure you must be able to do it. That is the one thing i wouldn't want to lose from an SZ5.

More
03 Dec 2021 10:47 - 03 Dec 2021 10:49 #240455 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Heated seat retrofit
Agree it should be an easy swap of the seats, even if the cables aren't fitted it's a simple wire job.
But I doubt anyone will have done so,  the SZ5 is too new for secondhand seats to be on the market and is anyone brave enough to ask Suzuki how much a new one will be?
I just had a quick search and you can get kits, alternative solution you could DIY or get a local upholsterer to install. Anyone fitted a kit such as this?

www.amazon.co.uk/Besond-universal-rectan...a-562534963630&psc=1

Certainly going to consider myself if I get my G3 seats recovered.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 03 Dec 2021 10:49 by Scimike.

More
03 Dec 2021 12:15 #240457 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Heated seat retrofit
I know someone has purchased the full set of parts but not sure they have got around to the install

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
03 Dec 2021 13:55 #240458 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Heated seat retrofit
I never use mine, it is something I never will.

More
03 Dec 2021 15:14 #240462 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Heated seat retrofit
When i'm off to work at 6am in the middle of winter they're smashing.

More
03 Dec 2021 15:24 #240463 by Roger Fairclough
I suppose it's something you may get used to. Personally I tried it once and it felt as if it suddenly kicked in and toasted my backside.

Roger

More
03 Dec 2021 20:19 #240469 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Heated seat retrofit
Back in the day when I first experienced heated seats, switch on by the driver without my knowledge, my initial thought was I was suffering from failure of bladder control.
Now in the latter years (bladder still ok), I would appreciate a quick way to get heat into my old bones, so they appeal as an upgrade to the old G3.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
05 Dec 2021 16:47 #240494 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Heated seat retrofit
When I installed the Recaros, I had to add heating pads. It was not so hard to do.

In addition to the heating pads, upholstery clamps are required and the switch and cabling. The 2015 Jimny has only one switch for both front seats.

Attachments:

More
08 Dec 2021 16:01 #240560 by ajsms999
Replied by ajsms999 on topic Heated seat retrofit
Hello Martin/everyone
Yes I have purchased the heated seat bases & the switches - not yet had time to take the existing ones out & start work.
Hope to start this weelkend.

Will let you know what I find.

Thanks
Andrew
The following user(s) said Thank You: thispasito

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Dec 2021 04:52 #240572 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic Heated seat retrofit
Do you know where heater elements are located in seats ?, The heat only seems to work on the lower part of my back and wife says other cars heated seats work across a larger part of your back and top of legs wonder if it's worth asking the dealer to take a look or are all the heated seats on the Jimny the same ?.

More
18 Dec 2021 22:21 #240711 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Heated seat retrofit
I find the heated front seats in my Jimny 3 to be its most premium comfort feature.

However they tend to overheat me, so I usually  have to turn the heater off after a short while of having it on. If I leave it constantly on, it's almost like an electric chair.

The other hate is that both seats are wired onto one circuit (cheap car), so both the driver and the passenger have to be heated together by the same amount.

Time to create page: 0.195 seconds