BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial back seats

More
23 Sep 2021 17:53 - 24 Sep 2021 04:40 #238907 by lookonimages
Just saw this developing . Jimnystyle let you add back seats.

Last edit: 24 Sep 2021 04:40 by lookonimages.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthieu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2021 18:50 #238908 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Jimny commercial seats
That will be a useful modification

More
23 Sep 2021 19:11 #238909 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Jimny commercial seats
It will be interesting to see them swap and weld in the different floor crossmember, the missing chassis re-inforcement boxes and possibly the side curtain airbags? None are insurmountable issues but it looks to me to be a fair amount of work.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
23 Sep 2021 19:27 #238910 by lookonimages
Well I cant see them welding anything and it looks like a pure bolt on.

Does it fullfil to all legal requirements in UK I cant say, I dont know your country laws and regulations, but I think you will see many installing this, legal or not.

In South Africa we dont have back side airbags in our 4 seater.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
23 Sep 2021 20:18 #238914 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Jimny commercial seats
You only really see them bolt down the rear. There is a different cross member welded in on the commercial which has had the fixings removed.

Sent from my moto g31(w) using Tapatalk

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
The following user(s) said Thank You: lookonimages

More
23 Sep 2021 22:46 #238919 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Jimny commercial seats
Here are the rules

www.gov.uk/government/publications/conve...ssengers-in-the-rear

It surprised me that there is no requirement to fit seat belts to rear seats in a van. However, the section regarding load space might apply, if the van is not capable of carrying cargo, only passengers then it might need to be re-classified as a car or mini bus and therefore need to meet the requirements of that vehicle class.

Getting it re-classified might prove an issue.

2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

More
24 Sep 2021 04:38 #238921 by lookonimages

DrRobin wrote: Here are the rules

www.gov.uk/government/publications/conve...ssengers-in-the-rear

It surprised me that there is no requirement to fit seat belts to rear seats in a van. However, the section regarding load space might apply, if the van is not capable of carrying cargo, only passengers then it might need to be re-classified as a car or mini bus and therefore need to meet the requirements of that vehicle class.

Getting it re-classified might prove an issue.

I do note the reclassification part required.

In SA we don't have the commercial version, but if we would have it here, believe me in South Africa with our diverse population, be sure that a "reclassification" wil only be done by owner in 0.0001% of instances out of his/her own free will. :)

And the difference will be noted only by 0.0001% of police. We do not have things like yearly MOT inspections.

Once registered you drive it till it fall apart :) and then some drive it even longer. You might be pulled over if your vehicle is really in bad shape at some road stop. :)

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
29 May 2023 06:30 #249324 by Matthieu
hello
I would like to install seats in the back of my Jimny but cannot find the parts to do so (I live in France) where did you find the seats and seat belts? are there suppliers in your area?

thank you 

More
29 May 2023 07:37 #249329 by mlines
There is at least one company that has produced is own kit

Otherwise you can buy the parts from Suzuki

Sent from my moto g42 using Tapatalk

Martin

More
29 May 2023 13:40 #249334 by Matthieu
Tank you, unfortunately it is impossible to but it from Suzuki. (At least from France) Do you know the name of this company ?

More
31 May 2023 06:05 #249353 by Grizzlie
I asked the local dealer here about getting something like that done and ordering parts and all. It basically came down to getting it reclassified as a non-commercial vehicle and the chances of that happenning are slim to none.

More
31 May 2023 12:23 - 31 May 2023 12:24 #249363 by Motacilla
But Grizzlie, Matthieu is in France, where different legal conditions apply.

Matthieu, you may want to visit the German forum (suzuki-jimny.info/forum). There is a newer thread there about a German enthusiast putting back seats in his Jimny NCV, which the Germans refer to as model HJ.

Personally I am quite skeptical that it can be done safely and legally, but I am not an expert.

Regarding buying the seats and related components, it is probably easier to find parts taken from a 2018/19 Jimny than to try to order new items from the main dealers. The Suzuki company will probably not want to help with such a project.
Last edit: 31 May 2023 12:24 by Motacilla.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds