BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bolt on turbo

More
27 Sep 2021 12:17 #238976 by Motleycrew
Replied by Motleycrew on topic Bolt on turbo
I just loosly put that silicone hose, that rotates 360 of the compressor outlet, so can angle it around it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2021 20:01 #238987 by Motleycrew
The inlet will be tight! I never thought of that, was really tunnel visioned on the outlet and intercooler routing. I have marked in red where the outlet will be.
Attachments:

More
27 Sep 2021 20:03 #238988 by Motleycrew
I sorted the oil return at the weekend
Attachments:

More
27 Sep 2021 20:11 #238989 by Motleycrew
This is what I have already
-link monsoon ecu
-haltech can wideband oxygen sensor
-link knock sensor
-link boost controller
-mazda RX8 injectors
-yaris coils
-Bosch air and coolant sensors

More
01 Oct 2021 07:44 #239035 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Bolt on turbo
Just thread that hole is my solution.......neat. 
Attachments:

More
01 Oct 2021 13:07 - 01 Oct 2021 13:07 #239047 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Bolt on turbo
Turbocharging a lightweight effectively RWD vehicle like the Jimny should make for interesting driving!

Drive down a damp, leaf spattered lane, plant your toe, and watch the Jimny head for the nearest hedge/field/ditch like a demented clockwork toy

Having permanent 4wd would be a major advantage but it wouldn't be an easy modification to make.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2021 13:07 by lightning.

More
01 Oct 2021 15:06 #239050 by Motleycrew
Whats up with that hole?

More
01 Oct 2021 15:09 #239051 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Bolt on turbo
It will be fine.
You control the rate at which you "find a ditch" with your right foot, it's simply adjustment of your driving style for the power available.
Plenty of vehicles about before the advent of traction control that had the ability to spin, it's just these days the gizmos to sort it all out for you so people get use driving against the carpet.
Carry on the good work, keep the pictures coming.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
01 Oct 2021 15:18 #239052 by Motleycrew
Cheers, its a silly project, will keep all updated though! I have seen a UK based company that sells a limited slip diff for around £700 if its to sketchy.
I decided that half a bar of boost will be safe as HKS sells a turbo kit for the swift m16a. Mine has a liana m16a, which has a more boost friendly compression ratio than that engine so wont be so knock limited whilst tuning.

More
01 Oct 2021 15:20 #239053 by Motleycrew

More
01 Oct 2021 20:21 - 01 Oct 2021 20:24 #239057 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Bolt on turbo
That kit looks good as it appears to include everything that you need, including the ECU.

Has anyone ever managed to modify a Jimny to make it permanent 4wd for road use?
Last edit: 01 Oct 2021 20:24 by lightning.

More
01 Oct 2021 20:51 #239059 by Motleycrew
The subaru justy had a AWD model and used the suzuki g13b engine in some markets. People use them as a budget rally car
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds