BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Bolt on turbo

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Oct 2021 07:04 #239061 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic Bolt on turbo
Once I've fitted a dustbin sized turbo on my Jimny, any recommendations for mud terrains on my Ferrari F40??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2021 10:18 #239067 by Motleycrew
Replied by Motleycrew on topic Bolt on turbo
Here you go mate, maybe ask this guy and rge countless others that rally ferrari's

www.autoevolution.com/news/15-million-fe...rt-track-164234.html

More
02 Oct 2021 10:21 #239069 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Bolt on turbo
Have just been reading a thread on Pistonheads where an engine went bang on a BMW with only 20k miles on the clock. BMW rejecting any liability due to the car having been remapped. Interesting discussed with people agreeing with the dealer.  Seems remapping for more power on a stock engine can lead to pre-detonation from a lean mixture as stock injectors can't deliver enough fuel in the available time window. This can then be compounded by the tuner increasing the injector pulse width to compensate, which delivers fuel outside the ideal timing window, washing the bores clean of oil. More power, but lots more engine wear.

I'd been quite keen on the idea of forced induction for the K15, but this kind of discussion makes you realise squeezing more air in can lead to a cascade of other issues which should be addressed with uprated components if you want to retain reliability. Inclined to agree with sniper that an engine swap is likely to be a more reliable option.

More
02 Oct 2021 10:40 #239071 by Motleycrew
Replied by Motleycrew on topic Bolt on turbo
That would be a bad tune as the knock sensor will detect that and adjust accordingly. You can set the knock limit on a aftermarket ecu and probably a new BMW
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds