BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Jimny commercial

More
16 Feb 2021 13:32 #232849 by DrRobin
Replied by DrRobin on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
I suspect that the majority of these are going to be bought by individuals to use as a personal car, not by businesses looking for a van.

All the photos I have seen have windows in the back. If it was a van I wouldn't have thought that it wouldn't/couldn't have windows in the back?

I wonder how long it will be before someone offers conversions to add two seats in the back?

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2021 15:05 #232851 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Possibly related

Something strange has appeared on the Suzuki support website.

Its a new version of the parts manual which is for the A6G415 (Type 2) Jimny for the E02 and E54 markets (UK and Israel). This means (being Type 2) that there has been some sort of model change.

Ah ha, I hear you say. That will be the commercial variant, except it isnt. The Commercial VAN appears in the parts manual for the A6G415 (Type 1) which was published BEFORE the Type 2 manual.

The Type 2 manual was published AFTER sales in the UK stopped and although dated October it has only just appeared

The Type 2 manual applies to VIN Number JSAGJB74V00160001 onwards.

Does anyone in the UK have a vehicle with a VIN number greater than that number above, if so can you let me know.

It seems strange to release a parts manual after a vehicle has been discontinued and only a month after the original parts manual has been updated to include a forthcoming model which is not in the newer manual. This is particularly as simple parts change normally is just a revision of the parts manual (for exampe the Type 1 parts manual is now revision 3). A "Type" revision is usually something more major/

If nothing else, if you have a type 2 you may have an even rarer beast! Alternatively you may like to start a rumour that the full Jimny is returning to the UK (VERY UNLIKELY)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
16 Feb 2021 16:13 #232854 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial

mlines wrote: Possibly related

Something strange has appeared on the Suzuki support website.

Its a new version of the parts manual which is for the A6G415 (Type 2) Jimny for the E02 and E54 markets (UK and Israel). This means (being Type 2) that there has been some sort of model change.

Ah ha, I hear you say. That will be the commercial variant, except it isnt. The Commercial VAN appears in the parts manual for the A6G415 (Type 1) which was published BEFORE the Type 2 manual.

The Type 2 manual was published AFTER sales in the UK stopped and although dated October it has only just appeared

The Type 2 manual applies to VIN Number JSAGJB74V00160001 onwards.

Does anyone in the UK have a vehicle with a VIN number greater than that number above, if so can you let me know.

It seems strange to release a parts manual after a vehicle has been discontinued and only a month after the original parts manual has been updated to include a forthcoming model which is not in the newer manual. This is particularly as simple parts change normally is just a revision of the parts manual (for exampe the Type 1 parts manual is now revision 3). A "Type" revision is usually something more major/

If nothing else, if you have a type 2 you may have an even rarer beast! Alternatively you may like to start a rumour that the full Jimny is returning to the UK (VERY UNLIKELY)

You have probably got every JB74 owner looking under the bonnet now, anyhows mine is a common one with a number of V00135***

More
16 Feb 2021 16:25 #232855 by Dan
Replied by Dan on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
V00132*** for mine.

More
16 Feb 2021 16:58 - 16 Feb 2021 17:09 #232856 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Good!

A summary of the changes:

1. Lifts the spec of what was the SZ4 (UK) or GL (Rest of world) - LED Headlamps look to be standard across the range. Why publish an upgrade to the SZ4 which we lost in 2019 (makes sense however to separate it from the "commercial" spec.)

2. Couple of minor changes to the SZ5 - external noticeable on is the change of design for the rear number plate lamps.

So the mystery is why publish a manual in the UK for vehicles we do not have (unless anyone finds a VIN above that number!)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 16 Feb 2021 17:09 by mlines.

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2021 19:07 #232862 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
It's ok to have windows, the discovery commercials have windows, they're just totally blacked out, hard to tell on the outside, just look like tints

More
16 Feb 2021 21:32 - 16 Feb 2021 21:33 #232864 by lightning
Replied by lightning on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
lf the price is fixed at around £16,000 then it will be a great way to get a new Jimny.

As with many, our SZ5 rear seats are down all the time with the Suzuki rubber mat on top anyway.
Last edit: 16 Feb 2021 21:33 by lightning.

More
16 Feb 2021 21:44 #232866 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
You mean £16,000 +VAT?

• Groundworker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Feb 2021 22:29 #232868 by Groundworker
Replied by Groundworker on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
Surely it already has VAT on a 'normal' car, difference being you can't reclaim it unless its commercial, so it should be £16,000 including VAT.
Well I'm hoping anyway, being VAT registered....

More
17 Feb 2021 10:15 #232880 by lightning
l can't see it being £16,000+VAT because that would make it £19,200

But you never know, l am sure they would still sell out immediately at that price.

VW increased the price of the Up GTi by nearly £3,000 after the first batch sold out and they took it off sale for a while.

lt doesn't seem to have stopped people from buying them.

More
17 Feb 2021 12:03 #232885 by Axholme Lion
Replied by Axholme Lion on topic Re:Re:Jimny commercial
My Jimny is not yet 12 months old and the VIN is before that. Probably due to the fact it was sat in a field for ages while we were being rationed due to EU emissions regs.

More
17 Feb 2021 13:21 - 17 Feb 2021 13:22 #232891 by lightning
Being sat in a field isn't the issue that it was back in the 1980's where some cars barely made their first MOT without structural corrosion.

l had an Alfasud that was scrapped at three years old "nothing left to weld to" said the MOT guy
Last edit: 17 Feb 2021 13:22 by lightning.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds