BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

No new Jimmy's?

• RayPaterson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2020 10:00 #218479 by RayPaterson
No new Jimmy's? was created by RayPaterson
I haven't been on here for a while and may have missed this conversation. If so, apologies.
Our local Suzuki dealer told me yesterday that sales of new Jimnys are suspended due to them not meeting new emissions law. They have one in the showroom they are not allowed to sell. They recently sold an ex-demo with 7,000 on the clock for £500 over the list price. Is this correct and is there any more to the story?

Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2020 10:13 #218481 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic No new Jimmy's?
1. No such thing anymore as "Not Allowed to Sell"

2. Sales of SZ5 version continue into 2021 but in short supply

3. SZ4 model deleted with immediate effect apart from residual stock in sales chain

4. 2021 - Saloon body Jimny suspended due to emmissions

5. 2020 - Van version introduced as avoids emmissions (not 100% confirmed)

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2020 10:19 - 14 Feb 2020 10:19 #218482 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic No new Jimmy's?
Hi Ray,

Recent develpments have shocked us all. In a nut shell, suzuki dealers have the freedom to charge what they like for the new jimny. There have been cases where new jims have sold for 24k from a dealer. Some dealers like mine sold for the RRP, but others as mentioned are charging extra.

Even on autotrader second hand gen 4 jims are selling for well over RRP. Take a look, some going for 23,24 and beyond!

If you can find one new with 500 quid slapped on, its considered a good buy. Also enquire to see what extras have been slapped on the car, some dealers are kitting them up to add profit to their coffers.

In my opinion, in the near term, prices will only increase, what with the news of holting UK imports, or rather they will be trickling in.

Its all down to the emmissions and EU directives.

Hope this helps somewhat.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2020 10:19 by Andy2640.

More
14 Feb 2020 10:42 #218488 by No Stock Available
Replied by No Stock Available on topic No new Jimmy's?
Well done stoneacre this is a fantastic price lol

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2...Y&radius=1500&page=2

More
14 Feb 2020 10:48 #218489 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic No new Jimmy's?
If it's down to EU directives that the Jimny is discontinued in it's current form......lucky we aint in that institution any longer......Japanese cars should be getting cheaper?

• RayPaterson
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2020 12:39 #218496 by RayPaterson
Replied by RayPaterson on topic No new Jimmy's?
Thanks everyone. He told me that Suzuki had said they won't get their annual bonus if they sell it before they get the OK. He did say they are changing hands for the prices you suggest.

Ray

More
14 Feb 2020 12:54 #218497 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic No new Jimmy's?
..So if its not being sold, what exactly, will become of it? :unsure:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• zebraman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2020 15:29 #218499 by zebraman
Replied by zebraman on topic No new Jimmy's?
It will become a cult vehicle. Only circa 2000 in the UK. Stick it in the garage for 20 years and you might be able to retire in it lol.

Used prices are through the roof! Nothing less than £20k at the moment and the cars that are are over a year old with thousands of miles on them. New sz4s are 21k which is daft for a car with a list of 16500.

Leaving the EU won't Japanese cars cheaper (to answer someone earlier). We don't have a trade deal with Japan but we do as part of the EU. If we dropped out the WTO rules would mean Japanese cars get subjected to a 10 percent tariff.

I'd say the UK Jimny is dead and if you have one you're lucky. It's pretty much the only cheap car that is appreciating in value so is perfect for PCP. Don't sell it, garage it and buy a cheap runaround if you have to.

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2020 15:32 #218500 by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic No new Jimmy's?
Not allowed to sell could well mean it's on hold for the MD s daughter, after all why tell the sales team? It strikes me a savvy dealer could keep a Gen4 on the forecourt to tempt customers in, then try to sell them something else. 4wd Swift anyone?
Chris

More
14 Feb 2020 15:47 #218501 by No Stock Available
Replied by No Stock Available on topic No new Jimmy's?
I know my garage is keeping our Jimny demo and not selling it, we are not desperate for the cash and the car is an investment opportunity for the future.

we do try to sell people swift or ignis or vitara 4wd but people who look at the jimny only want Jimnys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter

More
14 Feb 2020 23:16 #218509 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic No new Jimmy's?

CC Baxter wrote: Not allowed to sell could well mean it's on hold for the MD s daughter, after all why tell the sales team?

Yep - thats about what I was thinking too.

The term Bar Stewards, springs to mind :angry:

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Elbourne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Feb 2020 16:18 #218534 by Elbourne
Replied by Elbourne on topic No new Jimmy's?
I don’t understand as I’ve managed to order a new SZ4 today

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds