BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2019 07:51 - 23 Mar 2019 07:52 #204944 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote: Rang my dealer today for my weekly update of delivery date. For the 4th week running the delivery date has been extended by a further week, this time because of the windy weather last week. Car's still in Zeebrugge (4th week) .

At least yours is in sight of delivery. Us list un-people are in limbo land.

I'm suffering waiting list Psychosis ;-)

I emailed the dealerships managing director 2 days ago. Meant to send it to the sales manager, but made a gaff and sent it him instead (Dohh).
No reply as of yet ;-(
Last edit: 23 Mar 2019 07:52 by Andy2640.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2019 12:43 #205041 by Andy2640

mlines wrote: Some garages do not even know what their Quarter 2 allocation is yet. So they have only had their 2 to 5 vehicles for Q1.

They keep being told that they will know their Q2 allocation soon,

They are also being told they do not know what the remainder of the years allocation will be (if any).

Interestingly other models are the same (Ignis, Swift and some Vitaras).

Some of the UK quarterly update meetings from Suzuki have been changed from face-to-face to short dial in sessions, probably so they do not have to face irate dealers in the flesh.

Hi Martin,

I was wondering. Do you think some dealers got 2 jimny's for their first quarter, and they were the 2 demo cars ??

More
25 Mar 2019 13:43 #205043 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic New Jimny waiting list
The demo car typically arrived at the dealer in mid-December. Cars for sale arrived within the first quarter although some seemed to arrive over the Christmas break

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2019 20:48 #205056 by Andy2640
NEW UPDATE ON THE SUZUKI PSYCHOSIS PHENOMENA

Forgive my incessant posting, but this one is a corker!

This story goes on ....and on...and on. Pinocchio would be proud, and Inspector Frost would be scratching his noggin in bewilderment.

After sending an email to the managing director, instead of the sales manager (My gaff), I got a call back today from neither one of them. Instead it was trusty old..... (Name redacted) on the line. - (My deposit taker.)

Part of their story changes again..... Here we go.....Strap in tight, this one is a head spinner... HaHaaaa!!

The walking contradiction .... (Name redacted)..... confirmed officially I was now 2nd on the list, down from 6, due to drop outs. GREAT, Thats the only consistent thing in play at this point.

Here's where things get odd, puzzling, bewildering and downright iffy. I have now been told MANY, many, different things, all from different staff members at the dealership.

Here's the list of things ive been told so far: (Forgive me If i miss one, my head is scrambled egg at this point).

1. That they get 4 cars per quarter.
2. That they get 3 cars per quarter
3. That they've had no cars per quarter. YES.....This was today's tale...... that so far they have received NO cars except 2 demo's. (WTF!!!)
4. And.....That they are getting no more until 2020. - (This was last weeks tale).

Then chuck into the mix all that Suzuki GB have said!

Due to today's number 3 disclosure, I asked our very own Jimny godfather - Martin, if an allocation could include Demo's. Bear in mind that only last week another salesman told me that they have had 3 so far, which all sold. Now the latest is they have had none, yes none!.

I told him frankly, that this whole saga is sounding suspicious. I asked how all the staff had different versions of events. His response...." I dont know whats going on with that". Hmmmm very reassuring. Frost gets a whiff of something here, and so do I. Bear in mind I could not see his nose, it was a phone call ;-)

Naff jokes aside..... I have experienced absolutely no consistency whatsoever, its all very, very odd. Not one conversation has matched the other at my dealership. This makes me wonder if there is something conspiratorial going on. I have no idea what kind of shenanigans are at play here, but reassessing the situation, this cannot be merely short sighted salesman, or misinterpreting information anymore as I first suspected, Perhaps they are selling Jims to the following and covering there tracks.

1. Fleet companies
2. Lease companies
3. Long time loyal customers.
4. Passing there stock onto other dealerships for some reason.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So as it stands I have no clue whats going on again. Why they have had no Jimny's in so far is weird (if this is to be believed). All i know is, if i retract my deposit at this stage, I have 0% chance of getting one. As opposed to a seemingly 1% chance of getting one as it currently stands ;-)

I dont know what to expect, think or feel at this stage.

Bugger it ;-)

• cyberdriver
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Mar 2019 22:26 #205064 by cyberdriver
Replied by cyberdriver on topic New Jimny waiting list
5. Dealer's mate/relative
6. New customer offering extra $$$ to jump the queue

More
26 Mar 2019 11:43 #205092 by No Stock Available
Wow that dealership sounds a utter shambles.

you are being lied too in some way or form. I doubt its fleet as these are too valuable to go to fleet or motab or anything like that.

I would say existing customers who have enquired after you have been put to the front or management favours are being offered to other people to get in front of you.

disgraceful from them gives the rest of us a bad name.

Andy2640 wrote: NEW UPDATE ON THE SUZUKI PSYCHOSIS PHENOMENA

Forgive my incessant posting, but this one is a corker!

This story goes on ....and on...and on. Pinocchio would be proud, and Inspector Frost would be scratching his noggin in bewilderment.

After sending an email to the managing director, instead of the sales manager (My gaff), I got a call back today from neither one of them. Instead it was trusty old..... (Name redacted) on the line. - (My deposit taker.)

Part of their story changes again..... Here we go.....Strap in tight, this one is a head spinner... HaHaaaa!!

The walking contradiction .... (Name redacted)..... confirmed officially I was now 2nd on the list, down from 6, due to drop outs. GREAT, Thats the only consistent thing in play at this point.

Here's where things get odd, puzzling, bewildering and downright iffy. I have now been told MANY, many, different things, all from different staff members at the dealership.

Here's the list of things ive been told so far: (Forgive me If i miss one, my head is scrambled egg at this point).

1. That they get 4 cars per quarter.
2. That they get 3 cars per quarter
3. That they've had no cars per quarter. YES.....This was today's tale...... that so far they have received NO cars except 2 demo's. (WTF!!!)
4. And.....That they are getting no more until 2020. - (This was last weeks tale).

Then chuck into the mix all that Suzuki GB have said!

Due to today's number 3 disclosure, I asked our very own Jimny godfather - Martin, if an allocation could include Demo's. Bear in mind that only last week another salesman told me that they have had 3 so far, which all sold. Now the latest is they have had none, yes none!.

I told him frankly, that this whole saga is sounding suspicious. I asked how all the staff had different versions of events. His response...." I dont know whats going on with that". Hmmmm very reassuring. Frost gets a whiff of something here, and so do I. Bear in mind I could not see his nose, it was a phone call ;-)

Naff jokes aside..... I have experienced absolutely no consistency whatsoever, its all very, very odd. Not one conversation has matched the other at my dealership. This makes me wonder if there is something conspiratorial going on. I have no idea what kind of shenanigans are at play here, but reassessing the situation, this cannot be merely short sighted salesman, or misinterpreting information anymore as I first suspected, Perhaps they are selling Jims to the following and covering there tracks.

1. Fleet companies
2. Lease companies
3. Long time loyal customers.
4. Passing there stock onto other dealerships for some reason.
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So as it stands I have no clue whats going on again. Why they have had no Jimny's in so far is weird (if this is to be believed). All i know is, if i retract my deposit at this stage, I have 0% chance of getting one. As opposed to a seemingly 1% chance of getting one as it currently stands ;-)

Bugger it ;-)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2019 12:21 #205095 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
Last week told 12th April this week told 24th April, at least the dealer principle is phoning, no good will on fitting of extra bits.

Yet more events being cancelled where we were going to take it (was meant to be January and then March).

Not sure what will happen if it goes into May. In reality the experience has taken the polish off it so its do I flip and go Macan S.

New customer to the brand, not bothered as a brand or dealer group its late.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2019 12:24 #205096 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote: NEW UPDATE ON THE SUZUKI PSYCHOSIS PHENOMENA

Bugger it ;-)

Andy - I do feel for you mate. We are all pretty much in the same boat, but you do seem to have had the 'Oscar-Winning' version of the dealer run-around!

Perhaps as Suzuki Waiting List members we should all start having "Indicative Votes" for a way forward? Of course, it wouldn't help in any shape or form - but at least we would be emulating 'Our betters'?

(Apologies to all non-UK members - that's just an in-joke for the Brexit-Downtrodden)

• bjcw4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Mar 2019 22:29 #205111 by bjcw4
Replied by bjcw4 on topic New Jimny waiting list

wigit wrote: Macan S.

Last March when there was all that drift snow in the road, a near neighbour in rural Northumberland couldn’t get out anywhere in their Macan, meanwhile a Suzuki Vitara and a Fiat Panda could drive through the snow perfectly well.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 12:32 #205134 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list

bjcw4 wrote:

wigit wrote: Macan S.

Last March when there was all that drift snow in the road, a near neighbour in rural Northumberland couldn’t get out anywhere in their Macan, meanwhile a Suzuki Vitara and a Fiat Panda could drive through the snow perfectly well.

In fairness my Golf R on winters obliterated most in the snow last year.

Asked the dealer if we could borrow their demo for a few days so our graphics people could start prepping and they said no due to test drives.

Funnily enough my Porsche dealer aware of our predcament has offered to loan us a Mecan for the Goodwood Member's Meeting which sums things up. Out local Suzuki dealer said they may offer us a Vitara, I think they missed a trick not saying the Swift Sport which would be a lot of fun.

Wrote to Suzuki UK yesterday given the Japanese are meant to be punctual, honourable and do not like to lose face.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 12:44 #205136 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list
In support of some dealers:

I got an unsolicited phone call from the owner of my local dealership today confirming I am top of their auto list (but still way down on their overall list of manuals), and apologising that his next couple of vehicles were manuals.

I have to say that I felt sort of reassured by this!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Mar 2019 14:16 #205138 by Andy2640

Guy 2 wrote: In support of some dealers:

I got an unsolicited phone call from the owner of my local dealership today confirming I am top of their auto list (but still way down on their overall list of manuals), and apologising that his next couple of vehicles were manuals.

I have to say that I felt sort of reassured by this!

]

Glad you got a good service today Guy.

On another note.......

Just call me spot, or the hound will do ;-) Im like a dog with a bone!

I got some telling info today. Suzi GB have been very thorough and assure me they are now on the case (of shoddy practices and the allocation mystery). Just waiting for a call from the Suzi GB logistics dept. But they were very good and much more informative this time.

I'll let ya know what transpires. But unfortunately initial info aint looking pretty. And that's for everyone waiting on a Q2 allocation.

I'll say no more until fully confirmed. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds