BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
17 Mar 2019 10:56 #204682 by Bill Portland
Emailed my dealer yesterday and for the 3rd week running was told the car will be a further week later. Print out says its still in Zeebrugge. Why? No one knows.

So I called Suzuki GB. They don't know, they don't have access to delivery info! Said to call the dealer!

Shambolic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2019 10:58 #204683 by No Stock Available
Hi

We apart from the sold 8 orders we have for our years allocation, we have a list of about 40 others who say they are ready to order when they are available again.

More
17 Mar 2019 11:12 - 17 Mar 2019 11:12 #204684 by MrChips
Replied by MrChips on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: Hi

We apart from the sold 8 orders we have for our years allocation, we have a list of about 40 others who say they are ready to order when they are available again.

Do you suppose, that each dealer will then have a further allocation to full-fill their waiting lists, when ordering is resumed. Or is it fasted dealer wins? :silly:
Last edit: 17 Mar 2019 11:12 by MrChips.

More
17 Mar 2019 11:38 #204686 by No Stock Available
Afraid not, only 2000 Jimnys will be coming into the uk for 2020

so roughly 12 per dealer, don't see the situation getting much better until well after that.

No its purely based on how many cars each dealership sold in 2018, biggest dealers for this get 5 per quarter this year.

a dealer could have 100 orders they wont get the cars any faster than any one else.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Mar 2019 21:24 - 17 Mar 2019 21:33 #204713 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I doubt that 2000 units are coming to the UK at this point. I hope its true, but Suzi GB have stated that after the 2nd quarter allocation, they simply dont know if any more are being shipped to the UK.

I just wish Suzuki Japan would make a clear statement of their intentions. TBH... This whole thing is getting on my nerves, so many stories, changes each month.

If thy dont give some clear info, i'll be retracting my deposit. No way am I hanging on till 2020. (when i'm 2nd on the dealer list)
Last edit: 17 Mar 2019 21:33 by Andy2640.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2019 07:38 #204730 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote: I doubt that 2000 units are coming to the UK at this point. I hope its true, but Suzi GB have stated that after the 2nd quarter allocation, they simply dont know if any more are being shipped to the UK.

I just wish Suzuki Japan would make a clear statement of their intentions. TBH... This whole thing is getting on my nerves, so many stories, changes each month.

If thy dont give some clear info, i'll be retracting my deposit. No way am I hanging on till 2020. (when i'm 2nd on the dealer list)

+1 to that. If I don’t get the car at the end of March as promised I will sink my money into another 4 wheel drive - a used Bentley Continental GT

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2019 08:22 - 18 Mar 2019 08:23 #204731 by Andy2640
When did you order yours then Hammo? EDIT: Or rather pay your deposit.

Cheers.
Last edit: 18 Mar 2019 08:23 by Andy2640.

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2019 13:28 #204743 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic New Jimny waiting list
Didn't think you could just take your deposit back unless the dealer puts up the price or they stop making the car, I'm worried if I don't get my car till next year I will get clobber with the yearly price increase.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2019 15:46 #204750 by Andy2640

nogbad wrote: Didn't think you could just take your deposit back unless the dealer puts up the price or they stop making the car, I'm worried if I don't get my car till next year I will get clobber with the yearly price increase.

Well i'm not sure about others to be honest. However i made it very clear to the salesman that if i wanted to retract my deposit at any time, this would not be a problem? And so..... On my deposit form, he wrote - Refundable at any time.

I foreseen this happening you see, and stated I wasn't prepared to wait a year or more.

Andy.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2019 15:51 #204751 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list

nogbad wrote: Didn't think you could just take your deposit back unless the dealer puts up the price or they stop making the car, I'm worried if I don't get my car till next year I will get clobber with the yearly price increase.

Depends what you've signed. If you've placed a deposit on a particular car (i.e. an allocated unit) and signed an order form, you'll be governed by their terms of business. Usually these are printed on the back of the order form. Standard practice is that if the dealer fails to deliver a car in your chosen spec within 28 days of the date they said they would, then you would be entitled to cancel the order and have your deposit returned in full.

If you've left a deposit merely to secure your place in the queue, you should be able to get that back whenever you want. Since no order has been signed, legally, you have not agreed to any binding terms at that point.

More
18 Mar 2019 16:15 #204752 by No Stock Available
if you have an order form with refundable on it that's refundable then no quibble

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Mar 2019 16:30 #204754 by Andy2640

No Stock Available wrote: if you have an order form with refundable on it that's refundable then no quibble

No stock,

Hi buddy, Is there an open source way to find out which Suzuki dealers are on the "high sales" good boy/bad boy list? I found something similer which shows the top 2018 scoring's, but it doesn't show who's bottom and so such,

You see....... I was told that the dealer i'm with, will get a decent number of Jims cus its a high sales dealer. But now for some reason they say they wont get no more until 2020.?? (And this comes from Suzi GB apparently). But i spoke with them (suzi GB), and they didn't say this at all, they just stated that they dont know what there getting until after the 2 quarter.

Whats the latest your garage has heard from Suzi GB?

Its funny.... ive never been so bamboozled with conflicting info in my whole life! Its schizophrenic! ;-)

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds