BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New wiki article on specialized Jimny modification parts sources

More
17 Apr 2018 17:22 - 17 Apr 2018 17:25 #191823 by Bosanek
I respect Martin's and others' opinions regarding the criteria for including a certain manufacturer or seller on the list.

In my opinion, it is not a straightforward criteria. It needs thinking about a bit.

On one hand, it is quite a broad inclusion to list anyone who makes or sells any parts or equipment which happens to fit Jimnys (like uprated suspension, winches, LED lights, snorkels, and whatnot).

However, on the other hand, I think it would be a pity not to list those as well, as having information about such "generic 4WD" manufacturers and sellers is also quite beneficial, especially for people from all over the world, who do not have such large 4WD markets in their regions. Imagine someone from Ukraine for example. They might really benefit if they knew of some manufacturer or store from Poland or Slovakia, because those countries are easily reachable by car from Ukraine, so they could drive over and buy and mount the parts, like a winch or a steering damper or something.

So, my suggestion is that we split the list into two parts (or into two separate articles). One would be for manufacturers and sellers who really make or sell specialized Jimny parts, and the other list for those who make or sell uprated "universal" parts or additional equipment which happens to suit Jimnys among other vehicle models (like winches, snorkels, shock absorbers, LED bars etc.).

I leave the work of classifying all those links into group "A" or "B" to someone else. I have spent too much time just finding all those makers and shops and adding them in the first place.

Thank you Venter for acknowledging my efforts. I hope that it is useful to many readers. I do my best as I acquire knowledge along the way, but I am just slightly disappointed that I am almost the only one doing it.
For example I would like to see somebody writing an article about petrol engine swaps, or about all the common issues with petrol engines (like sensor issues etc.)
Last edit: 17 Apr 2018 17:25 by Bosanek. Reason: Minor phrase corrections

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
17 Apr 2018 17:53 #191830 by Riccy
Bosanek, Your efforts are not in vain! without you the Wki would be pretty empty. I will try and follow Martins advice about cookies to see if I can edit and add a few points (esp. the engine swapping).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
17 Apr 2018 18:19 #191831 by mlines
My point was that pro-comp, koni, bilstein do not sell products. I strongly feel that it should only reference places you can actually buy things.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
17 Apr 2018 18:22 #191832 by mlines
Riccy

The other thing to watch out for are the idle timers on the website. If you take a while to edit it can timeout.

Martin

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

More
17 Apr 2018 19:35 #191837 by Bosanek
I forgot to notify you that I added a lot more sources in the wiki article in the meantime. I also incorporated the links which others provided in this forum topic.

Martin, would not it be OK to list the web sites of actual manufacturers of specialized Jimny parts, although they do not sell anything on the web site? The reason would be that all the original specifications etc. are on such sites.

Regarding those ProComp, Bilstein etc. brands, I really do not know much about them so I can't comment what they make.

I have some more links to add in the incoming few days, so after I am done, I do not mind that someone goes through them all and recategorises them or even erases some which do not suit the criteria.

More
17 Apr 2018 20:26 #191845 by j999pre
You could also add J999PRE on here.

A good source of parts. :) New and used.

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Venter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Apr 2018 20:43 - 17 Apr 2018 20:43 #191846 by Venter

Bosanek wrote: I forgot to notify you that I added a lot more sources in the wiki article in the meantime. I also incorporated the links which others provided in this forum topic.

Martin, would not it be OK to list the web sites of actual manufacturers of specialized Jimny parts, although they do not sell anything on the web site? The reason would be that all the original specifications etc. are on such sites.

Regarding those ProComp, Bilstein etc. brands, I really do not know much about them so I can't comment what they make.

I have some more links to add in the incoming few days, so after I am done, I do not mind that someone goes through them all and recategorises them or even erases some which do not suit the criteria.

My suggestion would be to make an entirely new section for these manufacturers / brands such as Koni, Maas, etc who make Jimny-specific products. As Martin mentioned, for the sake of having this resource remain as concise as possible, it is important to separate the manufacturers from the vendors. Inevitably, it will be the vendor section that attracts the most interest and we wouldn't want that to get too cluttered.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2018 20:43 by Venter.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds