BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Storm?

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2013 07:04 - 28 Oct 2013 07:06 #88292 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic Storm?
I'm going out via jimny power today (just hope there's no head wind) just incase ill up date on what maidstone is like when I get back but its sounding very windy at the mo
Last edit: 28 Oct 2013 07:06 by mudman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2013 07:48 #88298 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Storm?
The view down my road

Pretty windy and looks like the rains coming.
Attachments:

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2013 08:21 #88301 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Storm?
We lost a fence panel, that's about the extent of the 'storm' though, other than a few wheelie bins knocked down, and a few extra leaves on the road.

Funs over, back to work people.

:whistle:

More
28 Oct 2013 09:17 #88306 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Storm?
I've not been outside yet but don't think we've suffered anything. I bunjeed the wheely bin lids shut in case they went over but they've not.

Some of the Mrs rellies in hullbridge have got trees down, so might end up helping with those & they've lost power from overhead cables getting caught in trees I assume.

Seems to have calmed down now and the sun has his hat on!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2013 12:18 #88316 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Storm?
My village has several trees down, we had 2 of the 3 roads out of the village blocked by trees this morning. few downed fences including both my neighbours, saw a 12ft trampoline in the road no where near houses which is pretty funny and a shed roof intact randomly in a field :laugh: our phones are out and some of the village has no power but my house is still live minus phones.

I believe a double decker bus fell over in ipswich but not 100%.

no way as bad as we were expecting, will be interesting to see what damage was done down our local lanes around sutton heath and rendlesham forest may take a look tonight.

More
28 Oct 2013 13:07 #88324 by Rhinoman
Replied by Rhinoman on topic Storm?
A few branches down round here, it doesn't seem to have been any worse than is normal for October despite the hyperbole from the Met. Office.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
28 Oct 2013 17:04 #88339 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Storm?
We have no damage at all thankfully. I took the Mrs to work in the Jimjam this morning looking forward to an urban offroad course and nothing, not a single tree down. I even took her the rural route too, still nought.

Oh well, it's back in it's garage now all tucked up ready for some real action another day. Or I might take it to Canvey Island tomorrow as I ran out of time today before the rush hour - and you don't try to get on or off Canvey Island in the rush hour! Not that I ever enjoy going there or want to go there but needs must sometimes!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
28 Oct 2013 17:46 #88344 by mc_nebula
Replied by mc_nebula on topic Storm?
encountered a few trees this morning on my way into work, Fleet (Hampshire) to Selbourne (Hampshire) Plenty of tree damage on the b-roads and back lanes, some A-roads partially or fully blocked. All clear now though. Tried to navigate around trees by taking cheeky green lane cut through's, but I was foiled by downed trees on the lanes on both occasions. I presume I contact the Rights of Way Officer at the council about that?

I did my bit of civic duty too, a tree was blocking 70% of the road, forcing any traffic onto a muddy verge, it was very muddy and 95% of cars (while I was waiting for a break in the traffic) were wheelspinning and scraping along. (should have bought proper cars, right?) so I hitched the small tree (foot wide trunk) to the jimny and pulled it around 90 degrees, up the road a bit, and onto a verge. Didn't totally clear the road, but at least there was one totally open carriageway...

More
28 Oct 2013 18:24 #88349 by Halford
Replied by Halford on topic Storm?
found an empty energy drink can had blown into my front garden, it was carnage up here in the North East :pinch:

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2013 19:07 #88356 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic Storm?

Halford wrote: found an empty energy drink can had blown into my front garden, it was carnage up here in the North East :pinch:

:laugh: :laugh:
its about the same in maidstone no dramas and all is good

More
28 Oct 2013 19:35 #88358 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Storm?
I see Homebase is cashing in with an insensitive circular.
homebaselife.com/public/read_message.jsp...11?sigreq=1225116454

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds