BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Storm?

More
27 Oct 2013 20:47 #88247 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Storm?
Well I am not sure whether the phrase "calm before the storm" has any truth, but the wind dropped right back.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2013 20:54 #88249 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re:Storm?
Denmead hampshire heavy rain and blustery washing Slindon mud nicely from my truck :)

More
27 Oct 2013 21:07 #88250 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic Re:Storm?
getting alot worse here in southampton

JIMNYLESS

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2013 21:23 #88253 by Wiltec17
Replied by Wiltec17 on topic Storm?
Bit blowy in essex, nothing to bad yet though, it picked up in the afternoon but seems to have died down. Looks like the rain has just started though.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2013 22:14 #88264 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Storm?
Still nothing really happening where I am has just started to rain a little bit and there not much wind.im pretty much right on the coast.

More
27 Oct 2013 22:22 #88266 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Storm?
They were saying it's not gonna start till after midnight & then rush hour will be the peak!

It's all calm in Southend at the moment.

Just waiting to see now!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2013 22:24 #88267 by Wiltec17

kirkynut wrote: They were saying it's not gonna start till after midnight & then rush hour will be the peak!

Just waiting to see now!

Kirkynut

We all know how well Southend handles the rain haha. I've got a cousin in canvey that could be in a bit of trouble if it gets as bad as they say :/

More
27 Oct 2013 22:32 #88270 by kirkynut

Wiltec17 wrote:

kirkynut wrote: They were saying it's not gonna start till after midnight & then rush hour will be the peak!

Just waiting to see now!

Kirkynut

We all know how well Southend handles the rain haha. I've got a cousin in canvey that could be in a bit of trouble if it gets as bad as they say :/

Yep, fortunately I'm just outside it in Rochford but need to go to Canvey tomorrow so if it's stopped will take the Jimjam in case it's flooded or I need to waffle & winch over the odd fallen tree etc. Could be an adventure going to BM Bits!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Wiltec17
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2013 23:00 - 27 Oct 2013 23:02 #88272 by Wiltec17
Yeh canvey was knackered when we had the flooding a couple of months ago. My cousin left his car about 2 miles from home and walked back through knee deep water :(
It's not exactly the best place for traffic at the best of times.

Deffo take the jimny, it'll be like a little adventure, be sure to chuck some wellies in though :laugh:
Last edit: 27 Oct 2013 23:02 by Wiltec17.

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2013 23:10 #88273 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic Storm?
now missing it down in maidstone but still no wind

More
28 Oct 2013 06:59 #88288 by kirkynut
Well it's hitting Southend now pretty bad but I can hear planes coming into the airport still, despite it being pretty bad out there.

I'm not working today but have to take the Mrs in for 11:00 hours. Think I'll be taking her in the Jimjam just in case!

Kirkynut

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2013 07:04 #88290 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Storm?
Good luck with all the Wild Weather Folks. I've heard that the English have raised the level of Storm Warning to "Slightly Peeved" from "Mildly Irritating" :blush:

Seriously, take care, from all your Friends Down Under. :silly:

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds