BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

CB Radio

• Leathery1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 20:09 #87946 by Leathery1
Replied by Leathery1 on topic CB Radio
Thanks for all the ideas guys.
I will have a look tomorrow and see where the Mrs allows me to put it. It is her motor after all!
The one I have bought seems a bit too long to go in front of the gear lever even though this looks the neatest place to put it. I doubt it will end up sticking out in to the passenger footwell somehow.

Not sure about the aerial - I have a mag mount for it at the moment and was going to take the twig off and stick it to the inside of the bonnet when not in use, but I like the idea of a bracket behind the spare wheel - thats the neatest I have seen so far. Not keen on drilling holes in the roof - almost certain to leak at some point.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 22:34 #87982 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic CB Radio

GuardianAngel wrote:

markyp2000 wrote: In the space under the center where it meets the center consol in front of the gear leaver

Sorry to go off topic, but they look like my Mamba bucket seats I got from Giraffe. Weren't yours originally? :)

In fact I can see the cigarette burn on the drivers seat :woohoo:

Yep thay were mine lol its not a fag burn i had the window open when welding my luggage rack together on the roof :angry: was not happy when i see it there

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 23:00 #87985 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic CB Radio
I've mounted my UHF Uniden 12 CB above the radio in the centre.

The Microphone sits nicely in the pocket next to the steering wheel. Never falls out, even on the roughest tracks.

The aerial is a magnet-mount, sturdy as. I use the 6" mast around worksites (I'm an Earthmoving Operator) as it cuts reception down to 10k's, otherwise you get overloaded with mindless chit-chat. Longer spring-loaded mast for bush travel and 250 k's communication.

• Keefe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Oct 2013 23:40 #87988 by Keefe
Replied by Keefe on topic CB Radio

helijohn wrote:

Keefe wrote: Mine...

Great solutions. How is the bracket bolted to the roof??

A piece of 1/4" ply a little bigger than the rig. This is behind the roof lining with a couple of bolts through and into the rigs' mounting bracket. Holds it nice and tight.
The power is taken from the interior light.
I made my own bracket for the spare wheel carrier.
Twig has a 'quick release' bayonet base on it.
SWR is at 1:1, basically perfect.

:)

• Leathery1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2013 18:58 - 26 Oct 2013 19:01 #88073 by Leathery1
Replied by Leathery1 on topic CB Radio
Went for under the console in front of the gear lever in the end.
Seems like the unit I bought was considerably bigger than some of those shown on here!

It's a bit close to the gear lever for my liking but the mike fits nicely inthe cubby hole below and left of the steering wheel so no need to drill more holes in the plastic.

Set up for UK frequencies but not checked out the twig yet, no meter.
I'll see if I can talk to any of they guys on our first laning trip tomorrow.

Wired it in to the cigarette lighter power supply, so need ingnition on for the radio to work, but I can't see I will need it with ignition off
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Oct 2013 19:01 by Leathery1. Reason: Extra info

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Oct 2013 22:01 #88111 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic CB Radio
Wire it into the clock power source if you want all the time power. ;)

Time to create page: 0.100 seconds