BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did the postman bring today

More
14 Apr 2023 15:03 #248563 by Motleycrew
VVT rocker engine cover delivered from Netherlands via Germany… will go on Suzuki swift sport engine as I currently have non VVT liana 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2023 17:26 - 14 Apr 2023 17:38 #248566 by Scimike
A new set of number plates to replace those stolen from my Jimny by those people that have " insert modern medical condition and parental reasons", rather than accepting they are just criminals.
It was with great personal pleasure and satisfaction that they could not remove the front numberplate, so it snapped on them, leaving it only a 50% successful raid.
They failed as it's bolted on rather than using self tappers, looks like they could only work a screwdriver / tug and grunt, standard knuckle draggers.
Replacements will be bolted using security dome heads, and fixed in such a way that simply pulling will result in snapped plates again. I've learned not to take anything for granted, and how to cast voodoo spells so that they will rot in hell.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 14 Apr 2023 17:38 by Scimike.

More
14 Apr 2023 18:51 #248570 by jackonlyjack
I hope you reported it to police 
You can double nut them and tighten both nuts together so bolts will just keep spinning 

The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

More
14 Apr 2023 21:34 #248571 by Scimike
All reported to police thanks. They have been very good to be honest. Asked for details of my new plates which they have suggested are "different" in some way, they have details of my new plates on file. A marker has been put on my registration so they will pull anyone with said plates. I don't mind if they pull me, I have crime reference and plates fitted that match the details on file.
ITS a sad world in which we live.
Good tip on the locknuts.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
27 Apr 2023 17:40 #248852 by Lambert
Those are nice!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
03 Jun 2023 12:16 #249402 by Soeley
Attachments:

More
03 Jun 2023 15:47 #249405 by gv42
Very, very nice!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
03 Jun 2023 16:44 #249406 by Lambert

Oh yeah.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Attachments:

More
05 Jul 2023 09:27 - 05 Jul 2023 09:35 #249725 by Scimike
A Topdon battery tester for £24 on Amazon, may be cheaper elsewhere.

it's rather good for the money, quite surprised at what it does.
I've been undecided about the Jimny battery for some time. Always been ok but my spider sense told me it was down / on the way out.
This device quickly confirmed it's not at optimum performance.
Tested other batteries I have and the results are what I would expect, so it appears to be accurate. Via the app you enter your battery details and test away, even guides you through alternator tests etc.
If you like your garage tools (as I do) then it's a good one.

My battery is 50%-75% state of health at 98% charge, with moderate CCA performance. Going to swap before it let's me down. 

Attachments:
Last edit: 05 Jul 2023 09:35 by Scimike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley

More
25 Aug 2023 09:56 #250495 by gv42
Well , not quite the postman, but James, I have now a little beast called John ( from the grand tour episode)

Lots of things to add soon!

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lambert, Soeley, lookonimages

More
25 Aug 2023 11:45 #250502 by lookonimages
Bloody nice... !!!

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: gv42

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds