BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Upgrade to facelift??

• Wan18
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 19:21 #61159 by Wan18
Replied by Wan18 on topic Upgrade to facelift??
Pay for collection or delivery and your welcome to the bumper free of charge :) thanks for the heads up, I will give everything a go the steering baffles me the most tho I usually buy a boss and aftermarket steering wheels not sure if everything would line up correctly on the new facelifts tho, also no of a good place to get A/T tyres online??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Wan18
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 19:30 #61163 by Wan18
Lol there would be no point, it pains me to say this but we where having a heated debate about the new car, she suggested a matiz, it was at that point I really questioned our relationship, was gona say something but I ended up just walking away, think she understood it was a jimny or a life time of loneliness :p

• little jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 20:59 #61187 by little jimny
Replied by little jimny on topic Upgrade to facelift??

Wan18 wrote: ...thanks for the heads up, I will give everything a go the steering baffles me the most tho I usually buy a boss and aftermarket steering wheels not sure if everything would line up correctly on the new facelifts tho...

All UK Jimnys came with steering wheel airbags, so under the new MOT rules you'll need to have a working steering wheel airbag. You could change the grey rubber steering wheel to a black leather one from a Mode or an O2 but you'll need to keep the original grey airbag unless you're feeling brave and want to play with the wiring.

As far as the seats go, fronts will be a straight swap, but the rear seat bases are mounted in a different way on the facelift cars. Try to find a set of the half leather ones from a Mode if you can, and try to get the door cards, rear plastics and rear door trim. Matching centre consoles for the gear lever and handbrake in the darker grey would be nice too.

If you change the bumpers to facelift bumpers make sure you notify your insurer - don't give them an excuse not to payout on any claim you may have to make.

• Smoggy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 21:26 #61195 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Re: Upgrade to facelift??

GuardianAngel wrote: I would insist on my missus riding my monster....oh wait....thats a different forum :oops:

Haha that is so funny. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Wan18
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 22:11 #61209 by Wan18
I thought the mode steering wheel was the 3 spoke steering wheel and the o2 was the 4 spoke?? I was hoping to change 4 spoke to the better looking 3 spoke. Thanks for your help, have you tried any of these swaps or seen pictures of it at all??

• little jimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2013 22:41 - 06 Feb 2013 22:43 #61231 by little jimny
Replied by little jimny on topic Upgrade to facelift??
The three spoke steering wheel came with the new style dash and push button 4WD. The Mode was a run-out special model before the new dash model came in. The newer bumpers came in just after the dash change.

I have fitted a black leather steering wheel and the full interior (apart from the dash) from a Mode. You can see it all in my My Jimny thread .
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 22:43 by little jimny.

• Wan18
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Feb 2013 10:44 #61279 by Wan18
This is just what I want to do except using parts from a the newer model, I think they started at 05, I think the tints where great it set the car just right :)

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds