× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

What did you do to your jimny today?

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Apr 2013 07:36 #67877 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today

darthloachie wrote:

GWR wrote:

Smoggy wrote:

GWR wrote: Fitted my rear recovery points :)

They might come in handy for Sunday. :laugh:

I was kinda thinking that myself ;)

yes Smoggy might need rescuing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2013 15:46 #68006 by JivingDaddy
Nothing. Still in Dubai.

However, I did read an interesting write up about the Jimny in a local car magazine. "Not particularly comfortable and do not take out of town unless going off road, where it is great fun". No surprises there then. Stated it would run rings around the wrangler and patrol. Still no surprises.

BUT, off road out here is dune bashing which is great fun and as the Jimny is light it should just skim across the top (the yank jobs are useless - too heavy).

In view of recent comments regarding what sand does to the brakes, Suzuki must be bringing in Jimny discs, pads, drums and shoes by the container load!!!!!! :ohmy:

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crutch (and your arms not be long enough to scratch)!!

• toph
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2013 15:53 #68007 by toph
Replied by toph on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Nothing today as am on child care duties while my better half is at the races, last night I rewired the winch (not completed), test fitted new spotlamps, removed OSF wheel bearing and forgot to rebuild the NSR brake!

The never ending task of keeping a jimny on the road.

• Beano
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Apr 2013 16:28 #68010 by Beano
Replied by Beano on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today
Just fitted steering damper and new spark plugs.

Runs sweeet! B)

Just need oil tomorrow for oil change....

More
06 Apr 2013 22:51 #68059 by Johnniehec
Near side front wheel bearing, new second hand front panhard rod, bent the old one on a tree stump, freed off all four caliper slides, took the vacuum pipes off and put loops on the hub connectors while I was under there. Will tackle the back brakes tomorrow.
John.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

More
07 Apr 2013 00:16 #68063 by GuardianAngel
Some time ago I bought a second hand Asfir fuel tank guard and today got around to fitting it. The biggest problem was getting the old one off; rusty nuts seem to be my nemesis with the Jimny! Luckily, my Irwins bolt grippers have done the job and got them all off.

The old fuel tank guard was rotten and certainly not up to the job of protecting the fuel tank. The bolts holding the old guard on needed replacing. I used some 10.9 Hi-tensile steel bolts. The specification you need are M8, 25mm long thread and a thread pitch of 1.25mm.

Here is the new guard before fitment to the Jimny (the brown stripes are the parcel tape that I couldn't be bothered to clean off!).

Fitted to the Jimny.

Marix Puma 215/75/15 MT's|2" lift|ORA radius arm guards|Fixed hubs|Asfir fuel tank guard|JB Tbox guard|K & N filter|ORA winch plate
The following user(s) said Thank You: GWR

• GWR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2013 07:55 #68068 by GWR
Replied by GWR on topic Re: What did you do to your jimny today

GuardianAngel wrote: Some time ago I bought a second hand Asfir fuel tank guard and today got around to fitting it. The biggest problem was getting the old one off; rusty nuts seem to be my nemesis with the Jimny! Luckily, my Irwins bolt grippers have done the job and got them all off.

The old fuel tank guard was rotten and certainly not up to the job of protecting the fuel tank. The bolts holding the old guard on needed replacing. I used some 10.9 Hi-tensile steel bolts. The specification you need are M8, 25mm long thread and a thread pitch of 1.25mm.

Thanks for the photos of the replacement as I will be fabricating one in the near future B)

• Cider
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 18:24 #68688 by Cider
Replied by Cider on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Broke it laning :angry: :(

More
14 Apr 2013 18:29 #68689 by GuardianAngel
Patched exhaust with bandage until I get round to fitting a new one. Doesn't blow raspberries any more :lol:

Tried taking off side bars and knackered by crappy cheapo rachet :dry: Going to need to get a new one. Drivers side is off, just the other side to do.

Marix Puma 215/75/15 MT's|2" lift|ORA radius arm guards|Fixed hubs|Asfir fuel tank guard|JB Tbox guard|K & N filter|ORA winch plate

More
14 Apr 2013 19:12 #68693 by j999pre
Replaced a dead vvt engine with a lower mileage one. Damn those gearbox to engine bolts are tight!

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• stephen g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 19:17 #68694 by stephen g
Replied by stephen g on topic What did you do to your jimny today
so you had more fun today than everyone else !!!

• stephen g
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Apr 2013 19:19 #68695 by stephen g
Replied by stephen g on topic What did you do to your jimny today

Cider wrote: Broke it laning :angry: :(

so you had more fun today than every one else !! :)

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds