BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
07 Nov 2020 11:50 #229774 by DrRobin
Re-sprayed my spare wheel cover, it was badly scratched with a couple of deep marks.

2020 blue SZ5
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Nov 2020 14:37 #229780 by Scimike
Looks like a good colour match, nice Job.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
07 Nov 2020 16:55 #229782 by CJ Davies
After a year of having no clock in the car due to removing the original radio I finally did something about it! As an added bonus it has inside/outside temperature as well, but I'll have to see whether the first location I could think of to stick the outside sensor is even remotely sensible. Centre console looks even messier now, but it's all electrically safe & physically secure which is what matters!

Attachments:

More
07 Nov 2020 21:07 #229792 by mlines
Played about with vented disk installation on a Gen4

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Soeley, lookonimages

More
08 Nov 2020 07:19 #229804 by lookonimages

mlines wrote: Played about with vented disk installation on a Gen4

Great vid.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
13 Nov 2020 19:32 #229991 by mlines
And today I fitted the vented brakes to BigJimny!

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Attachments:

More
14 Nov 2020 10:31 #230009 by Scimike
^^^^^^^
Super neat Martin. What's the main purpose of the change, less fade, improved braking or aesthetics and did it meet your expectations?
Thanks
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Nov 2020 10:36 #230012 by Lambert
If I hadn't just forked out for the ebc set up I'd be after this. Are the discs and pads available in Gucci spec?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
14 Nov 2020 16:31 - 14 Nov 2020 16:33 #230032 by Riccy

Lambert wrote: If I hadn't just forked out for the ebc set up I'd be after this. Are the discs and pads available in Gucci spec?

Ive just fitted mine today and used EBC ultimax pads (their cheaper ones), but the greenstuff are also available if you like them. Might even be an EBC vented disc, though I cant see that being any better than the discs Martin and I have.

Scimike; Its to stop the warping of discs. The much bigger tyres put more stress on the solid discs and they are prone to warping, fade, etc. This also has a slightly bigger piston in the caliper and slightly bigger pads, both of which give a fair bit more bite and less fade. Asthetics is largley irrelevant as you cant really see it and even when you do it pretty much looks like it was made to be there :-)

Only snag is you have to take the caliper off and tip it up to bleed them (nipple is on the side when fitted)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 14 Nov 2020 16:33 by Riccy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scimike

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
14 Nov 2020 16:57 #230037 by Lambert
Cool. I would want the ebc discs to go with the pads as I have found the ebc pads can do a bit of a number on cheaper discs. The expense seems to be rewarded with vfm.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
19 Nov 2020 23:02 #230220 by Fossie
Today I was mostly doing the kingpins and oil seal on 1 of our Jimnys ... Only the 6 hours , the previous owner had never seen copper grease, or knew his own strength... Cheers Martin for the you tube vid, as reference.

More
20 Nov 2020 20:38 #230243 by JBradders
Not today, but a couple of weeks ago I added a game rack across the rear seatbelt mounts, and a shelf to the back door.....

Nothing fancy but I just joined the forum and thought I'd better post *something*.

I'm planning on doing something like this on the driver's side...

As it seems like it'll create quite a decent sized storage compartment that can be easily accessed. It'll be above the wheel arch so won't really affect boot space at all.

Has anyone done anything similar? How easy is the rear window to remove without breaking? (I'm guessing the usual bike brake cable trick will do the job)

I'm thinking of reusing the existing window glass and bonding the hinges & latch directly to it so that from the outside it looks totally standard.

...Might not make a start on this till spring though in case it takes longer than expected and I have to spend any time driving about with a missing rear quarter glass.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds