BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
13 Sep 2020 07:26 #228128 by Keithy
I bin painting.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2020 11:21 #228138 by wjamieson
Updated my post to include some pics. Original post and new pics below.

Today I fitted a set of 2018+ Jimny Load Bars and a 1.4 M Eazy-Out Awning. Was considering the 3/4 rack and full rack but put off by the weight with 3/4 rack being 22 Kgs and the full rack being 27 Kgs. Add the awning on at 9.5 kgs you are already over the 30 kg limit.

Load bars plus Awning comes in at 18 kg so still some capacity for carrying as well and given the primary reason for the load bars/rack was to mount the awning I'm happy with the choice I made.

Quality of load bars and gutter mount etc was very good, One minor niggle in that the gutter mounts did not come with rubber or plastic coverings it was very much metal on metal. I appreciate that this the strongest option but don't like metal on metal. Easily fixed using some Gorilla tape to cover the ends before fitting.

The awning was again good quality however the bracket supplied with the awning was not black. Looked odd against the black load bars so sanded down applied some grey primer followed by black matt. Obviously just cosmetic but does now look better. One surprise when fitting the awning was that the bolts used to connect the awning to the bracket already fitted to the load bars was only M6. All other bolts relevant to the load bars and used to fix the mounting bracket to the load bars were M8. Initial thought was 4 x M6 bolts was not particularly strong however after actually fitting it does appear robust and well secured. I suppose giving that the awning only weighs 9.5 kg then 4 x M6 bolts should be fine.

Lastly I fitted 4 tie down points. Happy with my purchase and should give me some extra protection whether it be sun or rain when I head off on my 4 x 4 adventure next week.

Attachments:

More
13 Sep 2020 16:37 #228145 by Reason2doubt
Looking good. Is that your dark green Jinny changing colour?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keithy

More
13 Sep 2020 17:54 #228148 by Keithy

Reason2doubt wrote: Looking good. Is that your dark green Jinny changing colour?

Indeed it is!

Attachments:

More
15 Sep 2020 07:04 #228202 by HUN

Keithy wrote:

Reason2doubt wrote: Looking good. Is that your dark green Jinny changing colour?

Indeed it is!

Wow, that looks sick! Well done!

TrailMaster 2" lift kit
Full floating rear axle conversion, JB underbody guards & recovery points
ORE transfer box HD brackets
T-Max split charge system
X-Shock Dakar ceramic clutch kit & roof rack
Flo-Flex castor polybushes
Kumho KL71 tyres
AVM manual hubs
ORA radius arm guards
Push-fit breathers

More
15 Sep 2020 09:10 #228214 by mlines
Nearly caused a catastrophe.

Using a drilling template for a LHD car, drilled through a blind hole only to realise that on a RHD car the main wiring loom is behind the hole!

Seem to have got away with just scoring the outer wrapped insulation on the loom :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Lesson learnt, just because its an official Suzuki drilling template, don't assume there is nothing behind it, particularly as the position of some components changes depending on the drivers position.

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
15 Sep 2020 19:09 - 15 Sep 2020 19:10 #228242 by Soeley
Today i have fitted the Old Man Emu castor correction bushes that came with my lift kit.

I went for the chain drill method and punch out the centre, then slit the outer with a hacksaw and knocked it out.

Poly bushes in one arm.

Made sure they were both equal
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Sep 2020 19:10 by Soeley.

More
18 Sep 2020 09:21 - 18 Sep 2020 09:24 #228300 by mlines
Here it is.....

12 Weeks in delivery, 1 week in workshop

Gen4 Snorkle

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 09:24 by mlines.

More
18 Sep 2020 10:24 #228304 by Reason2doubt

mlines wrote: Here it is.....

Gen4 Snorkle

Very nice indeed. Is that likely to make an appearance on the BigJimny store or is it a present just for little jimny, Martin?

More
18 Sep 2020 10:45 - 18 Sep 2020 10:49 #228305 by mlines
I now know how to buy them and I did buy more than 1 :)

I am considering how to put them in the store without exposing me (and the customers) to risk.

The key issue is the long lead time. Anyone wanting one may have to pay and then wait 12 weeks. The price could vary due to exchange rates and import duty (this could add a lot if they are stopped).

During the 12 week wait, a cheap Chinese copy could be developed and the customer might lose interest. Mine are expensive as they are Suzuki parts and come through the retail chain - £510 before UK import duties at the moment. But at least there is a pathway to getting them.

Martin

Last edit: 18 Sep 2020 10:49 by mlines.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Reason2doubt

More
18 Sep 2020 10:48 #228306 by lookonimages

mlines wrote: Here it is.....

Gen4 Snorkle

That really looks so nice. Better then the normal hat on top.

Sure woulde be interested in getting one.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

More
18 Sep 2020 11:46 #228310 by Soeley
Looks great, will you be posting a fitting video?

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds