BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

What did you do to your jimny today?

More
12 Dec 2019 15:40 - 12 Dec 2019 15:46 #216429 by Basketcase
Finally found what is potentially the fault with my jimny cutting out when revving it....cam belt seemed a bit slack with about 3cm of play in it...checked for tdc with a trusty screwdriver in cylinder 1 and it’s about 4 teeth out! Have got a video but can’t post em on here but here’s a snaps of it when it’s tdc can’t upload another one where the screwdriver is tdc though
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Dec 2019 15:46 by Basketcase. Reason: Photos won’t go up!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Dec 2019 19:10 #216433 by Jimny2003
Collected my old 2003 Jimny two weekends ago, and have been sorting a few jobs over the last week....Replaced O/S transfer box mount (snapped at both ends), new reversing light switch, replaced snapped engine oil dip stick, touched up stone chips and new rear wiper blade ....But today it was.....Fitting new spare wheel cover, straight from the postman....and collected Fresh Oil/Filter and a Bridle type Tow rope from Machinemart!!! Also decided that I need to address the vibration coming from my rear view mirror when accelerating in low gears......so have a job for tomorrow too...

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Dec 2019 15:02 #216441 by Lambert
Jobs a peach! Just needed to be a bit more patient with the bleeding. Back to full dead stop just by looking at the brake pedal.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
14 Dec 2019 16:54 - 14 Dec 2019 16:56 #216455 by Scimike
Not really what I did today, but over 7 months ago I undertook the replacement of my kingpin bearings and during this decided to refurbish the rusty swivel ball surface. This was simply to give my new seals something better to work against rather than the sand paper like surface the rust provided , it also keeps the water out of my new bearings as the seal can actually seal !!
Well today I took a look at how it's all doing now the salts on the road etc and I am pleased to say it's still perfect. I can't recommend the paint I used enough (POR15) if anyone else hates rust as much as I do.
Picture below is after 7 months daily use:-

Also just passed MOT with no advisories for the third year, so absolutely besotted with our little Jimny.
Have fun
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Dec 2019 16:56 by Scimike.

• nogbad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Dec 2019 17:09 #216457 by nogbad
Replied by nogbad on topic What did you do to your jimny today
Just changed my DRL lights to LED was well pleased with the results.

More
15 Dec 2019 13:01 #216493 by jackonlyjack

Scimike wrote: Not really what I did today, but over 7 months ago I undertook the replacement of my kingpin bearings and during this decided to refurbish the rusty swivel ball surface. This was simply to give my new seals something better to work against rather than the sand paper like surface the rust provided , it also keeps the water out of my new bearings as the seal can actually seal !!
Well today I took a look at how it's all doing now the salts on the road etc and I am pleased to say it's still perfect. I can't recommend the paint I used enough (POR15) if anyone else hates rust as much as I do.
Picture below is after 7 months daily use:-

Also just passed MOT with no advisories for the third year, so absolutely besotted with our little Jimny.
Have fun
Mike

Thanks for the update Mike it looks like a winner for POR15
Job for next year :)

Jack

More
15 Dec 2019 15:53 #216496 by Reason2doubt
Noticed my drivers side front shock absorber was dangling freely...

File Attachment:

I haven't been off road since the Jimny meet, so assuming the mount has just become weak over time and finally give up. Will have to get a local garage to take a look at it while I am down in Wales.

• Siwilkie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Dec 2019 23:36 #216572 by Siwilkie
Replied by Siwilkie on topic Re:What did you do to your jimny today
Since buying my Jimny I’ve only bought rubber mats as the first 4x4 outing ended the carpet ones and a new plate for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
20 Dec 2019 20:50 - 20 Dec 2019 21:16 #216646 by mlines
Did some pressing this evening

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 20 Dec 2019 21:16 by mlines.

More
More
20 Dec 2019 21:16 #216648 by mlines
Is that better?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
Time to create page: 0.401 seconds