BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Snorkel help/general advice for a new jimny owner

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2012 13:15 #50948 by Standing
Hello everyone, has anyone tried the snorkel kit of eBay? Item number 271083139124, I'm new to all this and I have been given a jimny thats been used on a farm that I'm doing up to put back on the road (long way off yet) and has anyone used cam suzuki for parts before? Sorry for all the question lol hope someone can help
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2012 14:03 - 21 Oct 2012 14:07 #50951 by dirtydogz
The one on ebay fits on to a rollcage Just buy one from the BIG JIMNY shop. www.bigjimny.com/store/index.php/off-roa...ny-snorkel/p_12.html

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Oct 2012 14:07 by dirtydogz.

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2012 14:58 #50958 by Standing
Thanks for that, it looks a lot better too, is there any other advice you can give me about jimnys (mine is a y reg) and good mods? I need to get and fit a half shaft, hub, and bearing and seals on the drivers side, any advice, tips or tricks? Thanks

More
21 Oct 2012 16:11 #50965 by dirtydogz
Have look at this link it has lots of tips on how to fix thing on your Jimny
www.bigjimny.com/index.php/information/qhow-toq-guides

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2012 16:17 #50966 by Standing
Thanks jimnyonhigh, very helpful and yes I think your right about the addiction :) still lots to do yet as it is sitting in a barn in bits, but I will upload some pics of my journey on building it :)

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Oct 2012 16:20 #50967 by Standing
Thank you dirtydogz

More
21 Oct 2012 16:34 #50969 by dirtydogz
Good luck with the rebuild get the Jimny on the road first then start on the mods.

2002 JLX Soft Top B)

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2012 18:18 #51179 by Standing
Hi just an update, I found rust where the jack was I will try puting some pics up of the car if I can work out how to do it :( and I found all the parts of the car I think, it was stripped as the king pin bearing was gone, so I'm hoping with new bearings it should all just go back together Easley

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2012 18:23 - 24 Oct 2012 18:32 #51183 by Standing
It won't let me put any pictures up???
Last edit: 24 Oct 2012 18:32 by Standing. Reason: Won't let me put and pictures up

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2012 21:57 #51211 by Standing
Had to send it to my girlfriend by SMS and get her to email it to me as it reduces the size by email

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2012 22:21 #51213 by Standing

Bit of rust I got to sort out
Attachments:

• Standing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Oct 2012 22:44 #51218 by Standing
Do you think I should weld a small plate in?

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds