BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Isuzu 1.7 td

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2012 22:12 #51518 by Dave cc
Replied by Dave cc on topic Re: Isuzu 1.7 td
Sorry to the people who have inboxed me about the conversion not been able to do any updates due to site not letting me log on so have had to rejoin Hence Dave c is now Dave cc
Well engine has been in and is now out again converter plate is complete bar a couple of tapped holes.
Engine mounts are in
Finished the flywheel tonite so hopefully engine will be back in by the weekend and ready to run.
Have posted the only 3 pictures i have but will take some more this week as it all goes together.
Hope you like what ive done engine fits the truck so well like it was made for it

Attachment Isuzudiesel.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Oct 2012 12:37 #51552 by Dave cc
Have had to change my user name as site wouldnt let me on for some weird reason so sorry to anyone whao has inboxed me
Tried to post some photos up last nite of how the engine conversion going but to no avail
Anyway adaptor plate made as is the flywheel just need to put the ring gear on
Decided on a Greedy clutch in the end with 25% discount from europarts came in at £82
Had to cut out the jimny engine mounts and have made my own much simpler.
Engine fits a treat have a 300tdi rad in place which should be more than up to the job.
Next biggest hurdle i guess will be the sump clearance is not good when you also consider my front axle is 60mm foward of a standard jimny
Will try and post some pictures again tonite

• Leepeet69
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2012 14:14 #51767 by Leepeet69
Replied by Leepeet69 on topic Re: Isuzu 1.7 td

TomDK wrote:

Dave c wrote: Wow rang KAP only £725+VAT double what i paid for the entire truck Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that including engine? :ohmy:

Hi there sorry to butt in, have you tried ringing Andy at Milner as he makes the conversion and sells them to KAP? I always find KAP prices to be slightly expensive, if you are interested in one I have Andys number!

• Sponnie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2012 15:56 #51769 by Sponnie
Replied by Sponnie on topic Re: Isuzu 1.7 td

Leepeet69 wrote:

TomDK wrote:

Dave c wrote: Wow rang KAP only £725+VAT double what i paid for the entire truck Ouch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that including engine? :ohmy:

Hi there sorry to butt in, have you tried ringing Andy at Milner as he makes the conversion and sells them to KAP? I always find KAP prices to be slightly expensive, if you are interested in one I have Andys number!

Now thats very interesting as Milner is only down the road from me B)

• Dave cc
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Oct 2012 19:20 #51791 by Dave cc
would be intersted to see how much Milners would charge

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds