BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

help , MOT fail

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2012 19:23 #43511 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: help , MOT fail
Get yourself an aftermarket jobbie nice n cheap

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rooster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2012 19:33 #43512 by rooster
Replied by rooster on topic Re: help , MOT fail
yeah sound like the same place. only thing is you can hardly hear the car running and when you blip the throttle you can only just hear the exhaust note change as it should. even tried blocking the tail pipe and you can then only just about hear a blow but all you can only just feel it with your hand about 1cm from the silencer. i dont mind changing it , its just the fact the mot centre has absolutly no idea what they are doing or what they are looking at. trouble is there are good centres out there but these crap ones give them all a bad name at the same time ripping people off. i even found out that the bearings i had been quoted for wernt actually going to be fitted as they were going to shim them, but at what point would i of stripped it down to check?

• rooster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jul 2012 19:34 #43513 by rooster

reaper wrote: Get yourself an aftermarket jobbie nice n cheap

where , who and how cheap ? :dry:

• rooster
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jul 2012 16:07 #43550 by rooster
hi again, latest update , took for second opinion and guess what exhaust is passable and kingpin bearings , WHAT LIFT. there is no play at all . i told the garage to give their opinion on the quoted failure o/s/f swivel joint excessive play, they jacked it up and tested it and said no you mean the n/s , so i showed them the failure sheet and they looked confused and replyed , there is no play at all.. happy days. so stuff the first mot centre , i have now booked an mot with this garage and also while its there a nice new clutch is going to be fitted ...total cost , clutch and mot £285. :) its just a shame i had to pay £45 for the first idiots to release my car. :angry:

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Jul 2012 17:06 #43552 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Re: help , MOT fail
It happens (although far too often). Fingers crossed it passes.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds