BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Front diff fit in rear????

• Gdog14
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Feb 2012 22:58 #34458 by Gdog14
Front diff fit in rear???? was created by Gdog14
hi guys

im planing on welding my rear diff for offroading but when im at home with it on the farm i want to have non welded one. I have a bent front axel with a good diff but i was wandering if it would go in my rear axel. so i could have it welded and the other one not and just swap them out when needed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Feb 2012 10:14 #34482 by Obarno
No! They are quite different. The front diff is smaller and also a high pinion diff. You will have to find a rear diff, or fit a diff lock.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
29 Feb 2012 19:02 #34519 by supergaz
Have you considered a lockright? Sounds like just what you need!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gdog14

• Gdog14
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Feb 2012 19:40 #34524 by Gdog14
Replied by Gdog14 on topic Re: Front diff fit in rear????

supergaz wrote: Have you considered a lockright? Sounds like just what you need!

can you send me a link to one of them please?. Iv never heard of them.

More
29 Feb 2012 19:51 - 29 Feb 2012 20:29 #34528 by dirtydogz

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Last edit: 29 Feb 2012 20:29 by dirtydogz.

More
29 Feb 2012 19:52 #34529 by supergaz
Cant atm as I am on my naff android phone.
Martin sells them in the bigjimny shop, also jimnybits and bits4vits supply them.
I have just fitted mine and is a doddle, it is barely noticable on the road but off the road it keeps the rear axle locked.
Its a simple automatic diff that releases wind up in the halfshafts, similar to a clutch so it can slip. There are some fitting instructions on jimny.se, hopefully someone on a pc will link it for you.

• Gdog14
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Feb 2012 21:13 #34547 by Gdog14
Replied by Gdog14 on topic Re: Front diff fit in rear????
thanks for all the help guys ;) ;)

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds