BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Range Rover Evoque damper

More
19 Sep 2021 19:33 #238805 by mlines
My daughters Evoque rear suspension is rock solid on the offside rear. Standing on the rear door sill there is zero movement. Driving down the road the car skips and crashes along with the back dancing over the road.

I believe it is fitted with magnetic controlled dampers. These clearly cost a fortune each.

With shock absorbers it is usual to replace in pairs to match them up. However this would be very expensive. With "active" units such as these is it acceptable to replace one? And does anyone else agree that it sounds like the damper has failed "rigid"

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Sep 2021 20:00 #238806 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Range Rover Evoque damper
Yes it bad practice to only swap one when they cost £20 each, however it's simply as if one's failed (conventional type) the other will not be far behind, and they are cheap!
Without knowing the actual cost, assuming they are ££££££, I would be happy to change just the one.
The "Adaptive Dynamics package" I believe was an option and faults are usually reported via ODB codes, assume no faults can be seen via a reader?

Not much else can stop a McPherson strut from moving (assume the rear is strut), is it possible to release the top and checked the lower suspension arms and drive shaft actually move and are not involved?

Good luck
Mike

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
19 Sep 2021 20:05 #238807 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:Range Rover Evoque damper
Googling around, the " rigid" failure does not show an obd code.

My son has an Evoque as well so we do have a vehicle to directly compare it with and it's definitely solid on my daughter's

Sent from my motorola using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
19 Sep 2021 20:11 #238808 by Scimike
Ah ok. Sorry I can't help, too advanced for my old school motoring experience.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds