BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× An area for non Suzuki Jimny related chat. Keep it clean etc. as this is a public forum with young readers.

Recovery Tracks?

More
25 May 2021 09:45 #235348 by furo
Replied by furo on topic Recovery Tracks?
I got these:

rimmerbros.com/Item--i-LL1818BP--Selecte...5HO0KYMaAlXqEALw_wcB

They worked fairly well, and are much better priced than the big name versions. As with Busta I wasn't too worried about sturdiness given the light weight of the Jimny. I ended up selling mine because I thought I was going to have to sell my Jimny, but thankfully I've managed to justify keeping it!

Also as 300bhpton said the terrain in the UK means these are harder to use than MaxTrax in sand etc, it does take quite a lot of digging in mud/rocks to get them into the correct position. Definitely not as easy to use as some YouTube videos make out. But they do work. 

2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2021 10:14 #235349 by 300bhpton
Replied by 300bhpton on topic Recovery Tracks?

Can you share a link to the type of winch you are suggesting. The hand winches I have seen tend to be fairly bulky and heavy so would appreciate identifying what you have in mind. Thank you

Search for a comealong or hand winch. Loads about. They could have many uses, although they are quite bulky and you'll need somewhere to safely store and secure them. They can be hard work to use too.

As for electric winches, you can get trays like this:
www.jimnybits.com/jimny-front-hd-hidden-...h-plate-2019-on.html

You only need a small winch for a Jimny and equip it with a plasma/synthetic rope and they really don't weigh much at all.

More
25 May 2021 12:36 #235360 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Recovery Tracks?
I use unico 6 in 1 folding ones.

They work nicely most of the time but obviously they cannot be used to bridge any gap. I can store them in the car and they do not rattle and also they help with repairs.

I would second the opinion regarding the electric winch. I use the winch off-road much more often than the recovery tracks, like 10:1 if I am alone. Next comes the high lift like maybe 3:1, but this estimate are without dessert.

campervanculture.com/shop/1-x-uniko-6-in...ling-ramp-jack-base/

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds