A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Trimming Wheel Arches

More
22 Jan 2022 16:33 #241407 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Trimming Wheel Arches
Yes just there where the bumpers swing in at the bottom. Trimmed the inner plastic fender bit that pokes out. Still rubs but does no damage or anything so I just live with it.

Mudflaps must go or be trimmed. I never had them.

Norway -84 SJ410, 87 SJ413 lwb, 88 sammy trailer.
2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 Cooper Disco, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tomlil01

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2022 10:26 #241479 by tomlil01
Replied by tomlil01 on topic Trimming Wheel Arches
Hi, Yakuza,

You mentioned that you didn't disconnect your sway bar/anti-roll bar.

Do you think you would have problems if you did disconnect it (with the 235s and just minimal trimming)? I was planning to get a disconnectable sway bar after I fit the 235s.

If I can't have both (without a lot of trimming), I am wondering whether being able to disconnect the sway bar would be of more use when offroad than fitting the 235s (e.g.- if I just got 215/75s).

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.