A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
RPM Needle Stuck after accidently touching it
- suave65
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
31 Jul 2021 02:05 #237179
by suave65
RPM Needle Stuck after accidently touching it was created by suave65
So, long story short, I was cleaning the dust inside the 2009 jimny dash (after removing the transparent plastic) and accidently touched the RPM needle. Now the needle is just stuck, sometimes moves/overshoots.. Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or I would be better off repalcing the whole dash.. Thanks for any help...Long live the Jimny mob!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 9976
- Thank you received: 1999
31 Jul 2021 09:49 #237190
by Lambert
Temeraire R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon daily dose of disappointment.
Leviathan 155 prado shortie. Aka the biggest small car in the world.
Replied by Lambert on topic RPM Needle Stuck after accidently touching it
When at rest is the needle on the stop bar or just floating in space as it were?
Temeraire R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous
Bellerophon daily dose of disappointment.
Leviathan 155 prado shortie. Aka the biggest small car in the world.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
31 Jul 2021 11:37 #237197
by Soeley
Black 2019 Jimny SZ5
Soeleys Jimny
Replied by Soeley on topic RPM Needle Stuck after accidently touching it
Did you bend the needle so it is now hard against the dial face? if so try just easing it off a bit.
Black 2019 Jimny SZ5
Soeleys Jimny
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- suave65
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
31 Jul 2021 22:21 - 31 Jul 2021 22:26 #237209
by suave65
Replied by suave65 on topic RPM Needle Stuck after accidently touching it
So, I started the car, the needle moved, as I accelerated and de-accelerated although not precise. And after a few minutes of driving, It went all the way to the red zone and beyond and is just sitting there now and won't budge. I have unplugged the battery for 5 minutes and started again, no effect..
@Soeley, I will have a closer look, Thanks..Also, while I am driving around, I can hear a minute clicking sound, as though the rpm motor is spinning or stuck..
@Soeley, I will have a closer look, Thanks..Also, while I am driving around, I can hear a minute clicking sound, as though the rpm motor is spinning or stuck..
Last edit: 31 Jul 2021 22:26 by suave65.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
