A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Replacement brake shoes Gen 3

  • wuzzock
  • Topic Author
  • New Member
  • New Member
    Public
More
18 Jul 2020 12:05 #225275 by wuzzock
Replacement brake shoes Gen 3 was created by wuzzock
Hi, here for help if possible. I've looked thru the posts but can't seem to see exactly what I think is my problem. New shoes purchased, I have the correct ones, all dis-assembled and cleaned and put back. The adjuster mechanism has been cleaned and wound down as tight as it will go. The shoes will not close down enough to allow the drum on. The reason for this I believe is that at the hand brake side of the shoes the grooved and stepped (but symmetrical) end of the adjustment mechanism is too narrow to allow the shoe to sit tightly into the step/groove. There is plenty of room for the brake pistons to depress further but it is the length of the adjuster that prevents this. Should I be filing out the step/groove at the end of the adjuster so it sits tighter onto the shoe? Am I missing something blindingly obvious? Help please. Any thoughts welcomed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.387 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.