A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
Desperate help wheel nuts.
25 Jul 2020 09:13 #225615
by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Cheers for that , have fired off an email as they not in office ....we wait in hope and expectectations ....
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CC Baxter
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
25 Jul 2020 09:25 #225616
by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Cotswold Jimnys have a breaking department and are very knowledgeable. You would certainly get used studs and nuts from them. Prices aren't always competitive but the sevice seems to be quick and reliable. You can phone the showroom and ask for the breakers number (another family member apparently).
Chris
Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
26 Jul 2020 09:36 #225688
by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Again good call , must admit thought never crossed my mind , will contact them cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
25 Aug 2020 22:37 #227347
by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Quick update.. Sod's law is involved,! Phoned Cotswold Jimnys and they had 1 of the offending wheel nuts , so I bought it and an interior door light switch, they arrived the day before I went away. No problem my daughter was heading up to our house for a week anyway ...sorted?
Not exactly , while on the M40 she aquaplaned and hit the crash barrier on her passenger side as she spun ending in a ditch backwards off the motorway on the correct side of the road , up to the axles at 45degrees. Un hurt!
It cost £200 to be winched out by the highways agency representatives.
Here's the pi****, she cracked an alloy! AND , lost another wheel nut.
She put the spare on and finished the journey 120 miles ....not a phone call you want to receive while away is it?
So now she has my spare set of alloys on and had to buy a full set of more normal nuts!
To top it off I went to fit the door switch and the spade is missing. I phoned Cotswold but let's say I have a rubberised ornament and knowledge that I won't be using their services again . It wasn't the cheapest lesson I could have invested in but It's one I won't forget.
Not exactly , while on the M40 she aquaplaned and hit the crash barrier on her passenger side as she spun ending in a ditch backwards off the motorway on the correct side of the road , up to the axles at 45degrees. Un hurt!
It cost £200 to be winched out by the highways agency representatives.
Here's the pi****, she cracked an alloy! AND , lost another wheel nut.
She put the spare on and finished the journey 120 miles ....not a phone call you want to receive while away is it?
So now she has my spare set of alloys on and had to buy a full set of more normal nuts!
To top it off I went to fit the door switch and the spade is missing. I phoned Cotswold but let's say I have a rubberised ornament and knowledge that I won't be using their services again . It wasn't the cheapest lesson I could have invested in but It's one I won't forget.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CC Baxter
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
26 Aug 2020 08:04 #227351
by CC Baxter
Replied by CC Baxter on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, of course the important news is your daughter's fit and well. The Jimny will get fixed at some point so why worry. I do apologise for steering you towards Cotswold Jimnys and confess my success rate with them has not always been 100%. Don't be put off the breakers yard as there are plenty around. Just a thought but could you use the nuts holding the spare on the back? I remember them as dome nuts but you could chop the top off. Chris
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
26 Aug 2020 09:25 - 26 Aug 2020 09:28 #227354
by Fossie
Replied by Fossie on topic Desperate help wheel nuts.
No worries about giving us the nod , without the incident it would have been a sduccessful outcome. ....As you say no one hurt no issues......as for repairing the Jimny , the scrapes and dents are now battle scars, we just wrote on them as to where and when,. She's a groom and uses the machine to drag stuff around fields aswell much like we do .
We will either see if it ain't to much to repair this cracked wheel or sell them as a set(ish) WITH the nuts .
The photos don't really show the dents in the wing....but we had to use a wheel brace to get the door to open fully .
We will either see if it ain't to much to repair this cracked wheel or sell them as a set(ish) WITH the nuts .
The photos don't really show the dents in the wing....but we had to use a wheel brace to get the door to open fully .
Last edit: 26 Aug 2020 09:28 by Fossie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CC Baxter
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds
