A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
Biggest wheels and tires
- Stock682
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
20 Apr 2020 12:52 #221304
by Stock682
Biggest wheels and tires was created by Stock682
Hi everyone, not an expert so bare with me on the basic question.
Just got my 2011 Jimny a month back. Already finished doing the service by myself for the first time and replacing all fluids and oils.
Anyways, I just had my car lifted with OME suspension (wasn't allowed to do it myself by law). I believe 50mm. So now what are the biggest rim size and tire that I can fit on my new car?
Thanks
Just got my 2011 Jimny a month back. Already finished doing the service by myself for the first time and replacing all fluids and oils.
Anyways, I just had my car lifted with OME suspension (wasn't allowed to do it myself by law). I believe 50mm. So now what are the biggest rim size and tire that I can fit on my new car?
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
20 Apr 2020 13:36 #221306
by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Biggest wheels and tires
Going above 215/75x15 starts to cause problems with gearing, some fit 235's with no alteration but I have seen many with clutch, CV, diff problems...
sniper
sniper
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
29 Apr 2020 08:31 #221637
by kirkynut
The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.
My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Replied by kirkynut on topic Biggest wheels and tires
Yes, 215.75.15 is your best bet or you'll need to reduce the gearing with a rocklobster transfer box, which is expensive!
Kirkynut
Kirkynut
The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.
My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
