A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Blue tooth hands free Suggestions

More
07 Apr 2020 19:24 #220788 by bryn
My 2011 Jimny needs a bluetooth hands free fitting for answering/making calls. I would prefer hard wired but am open to suggestions and I would be happy to fit it.

Appreciate and thanks
bryn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Lambert
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
    Registered
  • The best Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
08 Apr 2020 04:07 #220797 by Lambert
I have bluetooth calling as an integrated feature of my replacement Sony head unit. It's not bad at my end but occasionally the line is reported as being low quality by those l am ringing. As for a standalone device halfords might be worth a look if you can wait for lockdown to be over.

Temeraire R.E.D Retired Extremely Dangerous

Bellerophon daily dose of disappointment.

Leviathan 155 prado shortie. Aka the biggest small car in the world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 09:13 #220807 by bryn
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnyone used one of these

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2020 15:12 #220814 by maverick
I just use Ear Buds on my SmartPhone, the earbuds work at the same time giving me Sat Nav instructions and also listening to BBC Sounds App.

Jalapeño, IISY?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 07:47 #220835 by yakuza
Modern phones built in handsfree mode is sometimes good enough if you have a dashboard mount. you will need to speak out loud if you drive at speed though.
Also to replace the head unit and speakers if you haven't already to something that can be used for this and play music.

A few years back the Parrot hands free system got good reviews.

Placement of a good quality external microphone will improve all of the above. Tell me if you find one that is good, I tried a couple cheap ones but not very pleased yet.

Norway -84 SJ410, 87 SJ413 lwb, 88 sammy trailer.
2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 Cooper Disco, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2020 12:48 #220854 by DrRobin
I fitted an Android head unit to my Jimny, an Xtrons double DIN with curved corners, the Bluetooth hands free is very good and I have also loaded 'Here' sat nav with offline maps.

I did go a bit mad and added DAB, front and rear cameras, Tyre pressure monitoring, iPhone link and inbuilt music player, OBD interface (all sorts of gauges). There is plenty to play with whilst stuck in a traffic jam, not that it is a problem at the moment.


2020 blue SZ5 (one of the last to be registered in the UK)
Ex 2011 Blue Jimny SZ4
Northumberland Jimny Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds
Joomla template by a4joomla
We use cookies to give you the best online experience. Please let us know if you agree to all of these cookies. Accepting the Cookies also accepts the Disclaimers for the website.