A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.
Plywood sheet in place of rear seats
- gusthegorilla
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
11 Feb 2020 14:25 #218304
by gusthegorilla
Replied by gusthegorilla on topic Plywood sheet in place of rear seats
3mm checker plate rubber is available on eBay....ensure you get 3mm, anything thinner is crap..from memory, it's on a 1200mm wide roll..
Gus
Gus
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- seisobs
- Topic Author
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
14 Feb 2020 12:29 #218494
by seisobs
Replied by seisobs on topic Plywood sheet in place of rear seats
Thanks everyone for your help, a special thanks to Gusthegorrilla whose template I used. Jimmy's mod is nearing completion, back seats out, 3/4 ply installed, starting to put in the 3 mm checkerplate rubber mat.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- TillymintDLG
- New Member
-

Public
Less
More
- Thank you received: 0
28 Feb 2020 17:25 #219188
by TillymintDLG
Replied by TillymintDLG on topic Plywood sheet in place of rear seats
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
28 Feb 2020 22:10 #219208
by furo
2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
Replied by furo on topic Plywood sheet in place of rear seats
I know I'm a bit late but here is a picture of what I did. I put an upright piece at the front and between that and the rear footwell I have a decent amount of hidden storage space. I keep all of my tools and recovery gear in there and it isn't visible from outside.
2004 Jimny Mode: General Grabber AT3s (215/75/R15); Trailmaster 2" Lift; Jimnybits Snorkel; Jimnybits Front and Rear Recovery Points; Suntop Roof Rack; AVM Manual Hubs; Stainless Steel Exhaust System (SOLD)
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jackonlyjack
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-

Registered
Less
More
- Posts: 3111
- Thank you received: 707
29 Feb 2020 00:07 #219209
by jackonlyjack
That's what i like to see jimny mods make it fit for purpose
I also have recovery stuff and trolley jack in the rear foot wells
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Plywood sheet in place of rear seats
TillymintDLG wrote: My attempt to accommodate my wife in comfort & Security.....
That's what i like to see jimny mods make it fit for purpose
I also have recovery stuff and trolley jack in the rear foot wells
The following user(s) said Thank You: TillymintDLG
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
