BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A section for Vitara and SJ owners.
If you have not yet upgraded to a Jimny then you can discuss your current Suzuki 4x4 here!

Wiring for fog light switch…

More
29 Aug 2023 15:29 #250571 by lesgrandepotato
I’ve found a switch! I’ve converted the reverse light cluster on the Chinese tail lamp sets. 

I’ve got a few potential wires (4) and a switch with 4 connections so this bodes well apart from the complete absense of any info of how it’s wired up! Anyone got a diagram for a 92 Spanish Sami? I’m sure given many hours it can be worked out. But a diagram is much easier!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Aug 2023 07:01 #250574 by yakuza
On all my SJ and Sammys the extra switch on the dash controls power to the wire/plug ending up behind the driver side (Norway) rear lamp, often hanging down where the rear fog lamp used to be. Most often there is a bracket but lamp long gone as it hangs down into the snow drifts or terrain.

Found this:
forum.suzukiclubuk.co.uk/download/file.p...417097ec8d&mode=view

But fog light wire going back has a confusing color code on it. Still it is the same as on the swiitch in the dash so should be possible to separate and identify if found.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
30 Aug 2023 08:50 - 30 Aug 2023 10:34 #250575 by tomcat
For the wiring on my Santana Samurai I had reference to the same wiring diagram.
I think you will find it is a yellow wire with green tracer plus a green marker tab on it. Hence the GYG.
Not 100% sure though.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2023 10:34 by tomcat.

More
30 Aug 2023 09:29 #250576 by lesgrandepotato
Cheers gents! 

The mystery is unraveling…. I understand the white is ‘hot’ grey green yellow is to the lamp. 

So the rest must be a relay to interlock with the headlights being on… so probably that’s the red or red and yellow.. 

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds