BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

New Jimny Owner

More
16 May 2016 20:06 #166876 by Me and my Jimny
Hi All

I figured as I'm admiring all your wonderful Jimny's I should add mine on here. I would have liked to start with a standard car and built it up as many of you have, but a combination of time, money, knowledge (I'm no mechanic) and seeing this come up, and it was a done deal.

The previous owner had already prepared it for some rough stuff, including 2" lift with rough country shocks and trimmed the arches for the 225/75r16 muds, with spacers. It's got a rock lobster with ora guard, steering damper and snorkel. So really it was everything we wanted to get started as an off roader, but still leaving some scope for some additional refinements.

So far ive fitted some jimnybits rear recovery points in case I screw up

And I've also replaced the flimsy wooden boot cover with a better fitting Mdf version which I've strapped to the jack bracket to fix in place. The idea being I can secure a box or bag to it as p&p people seem fussy about loose luggage bouncing round the car for some reason ;)

Anyway we've done a it of laning

And a p&p day

And lots more planned. I had a few things on my list until I found this forum, and now the list is a lot longer. I think the next things are a bit of rust treatment and prevention underneath, and a full breather kit as my wife seems to like deep water.

Anyway that's me done for now, I'm gonna look at some more of yours
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2016 20:26 #166877 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic New Jimny Owner
Looking good mate. B)

More
16 May 2016 20:32 #166878 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic New Jimny Owner
Can't beat using it before deciding what you'd like to change!

Looks like your on the right track.....more laning is always nice, albeit addictive! :D

More
16 May 2016 20:47 #166882 by Me and my Jimny
Replied by Me and my Jimny on topic New Jimny Owner
Cheers, and yeah I knew I'd enjoy the events but I hadn't expected to enjoy the lanes so much. Generally not that challenging so far but feels a bit more adventurous, and a new perspective on an area I thought I knew pretty well. Plenty more to check out on the os map too

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2016 21:51 #166887 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny Owner
Very nice looks pretty sorted ;)

More
17 May 2016 12:40 #166904 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic New Jimny Owner
Looks good and those wheels are nice!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• the_goshawker
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2016 21:28 #167051 by the_goshawker
Replied by the_goshawker on topic New Jimny Owner
Welcome, nice jimny you have there :) :) :) :) :)

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds