BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 18:48 #5797 by Adamski
Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day was created by Adamski
Just a few pics and videos of mine and A18SUF's greenlaning day:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:06 #5799 by Gromit
Replied by Gromit on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day
tell me that the second picture down is not Battersby Plantation, I heard that it had been trashed by the Forrestry guys but didn't realise it was this bad ???

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:08 #5800 by renard38
Replied by renard38 on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day
thanks, bieautiful pictures!

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:09 #5801 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day

Gromit wrote: tell me that the second picture down is not Battersby Plantation, I heard that it had been trashed by the Forrestry guys but didn't realise it was this bad ???

Yup, it certainly is, not a problem for the Jimny's though ;). However aggressive, nobbly tyres and a lift are a must because the mud is so deep and boggy!

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:12 #5802 by Gromit

Adamski wrote:

Gromit wrote: tell me that the second picture down is not Battersby Plantation, I heard that it had been trashed by the Forrestry guys but didn't realise it was this bad ???

Yup, it certainly is, not a problem for the Jimny's though ;). However aggressive, nobbly tyres and a lift are a must because the mud is so deep and boggy!

And they blame us for wrecking lanes, the bar stewards.

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:14 #5803 by Adamski
Replied by Adamski on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day

Gromit wrote:

Adamski wrote:

And they blame us for wrecking lanes, the bar stewards.

I believe that it used to be worse but someone has come along and moved most of the massive trees out of the way.

• Gromit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:23 #5805 by Gromit
used to be a fantastic little lane through the darkness of the trees with roots and rocks to negotiate.

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 19:35 #5806 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day

I'd read on another forum that the Forestry Commission were to repair the damage caused by their operations, probably best avoided until then. The only other people that get to see this are mainly walkers and they will conclude that it's 'off roaders' that have screwed it up. It doesn't want to end up getting a TRO :(

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Nov 2010 21:37 #5813 by adamjimny
Replied by adamjimny on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day
looks like you got all the sorts of weather there jelous of your route looks awesome if only i were closer and jimmy finished lol

More
09 Nov 2010 00:16 #5818 by kirkynut
Looks like you were brave to go down there without a winch - or was that a winch I spied on the front of the Jimny being towed out by you in the last video?

If so he could have sent you first so he could winch you out if you got stuck!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• a18suf
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Nov 2010 06:39 #5819 by a18suf
Replied by a18suf on topic Re: Adamski's & A18SUF's Greenlaning day
battersby did used to be alot worse a couple of weeks ago we had no chance of getting through but it has been straightned a bit but it has just made it really slippy. there was a jeep at the front with a winch and me at the back with a winch thats why adam was in the middle lol. at wilton off road centre where some of the pics where taken i went 1st through it all incase i go stuck and did in the massive puddle :lol: . i couldnt go forward tho im not sure if jimnys sink or swim lol. was a great day tho:laugh:

More
09 Nov 2010 11:43 #5821 by kirkynut
Ah yes I remember seeing the jeep in the other piccies. Looks like you had fun.

Looking forward to seeing more Jimnys together at tong. It must cool to be able to go greenlaning and off roading regularly with another Jimny. All my club are LR mad with a few non road going zuks and wot not. Our previously zuk owning mates have a 90 now. They all seem the same. They are good but dull.

At least your other mate has a jeep so is not on the landy band wagon!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds