BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Bought a Jimny!

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2013 08:31 - 24 Sep 2013 08:34 #84185 by jonesyba420
Replied by jonesyba420 on topic Bought a Jimny!
Welcome to the forum.

i have the kumho kl71's in 195 80 15 and havnt really noticed a change in fuel consumption from the same sized at's i had.

they seem very good on the road even in the wet, not like driving with uniroyal rain tyres but i havnt fallen off the road yet so all's good.had the back out a few time when its been really wet but thats more from me trying to than anything else.

not that much noisier either but you just crank to tunes up ;)

offroad they are far superior to the cooper discoverer at's i had before which you would expect.good tyres overall i recommend them to anyone looking for an upgrade and as you say they look the sh**.

not sure if you can fit the size ive got as yours is newer so doesnt allow for as large tyres but you should check that as im not 100%.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 08:34 by jonesyba420.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tommyguns
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Sep 2013 09:44 - 24 Sep 2013 11:22 #84193 by tommyguns
Replied by tommyguns on topic Bought a Jimny!
Thanks guys!

Have to admit i've read a lot of your build threads too for a bit o inspiration! Loving the nato green!

Thats nice news to hear on the tyres, and think I also read a few thread on wheel wobble with the 3 spokes, so might just be a good reason to get some steelies with KL71's B) just googled to see what size they do and no luck so might have to leave it for now. bugger!

I checked under the rear carpets for rust and was good as new, did't check under the jack, but the backbox seemed pretty rusted, so will check in a weeks time. Will check the kingpin bearings too, tried to google the wheel snatch test but no luck, can anyone shed some light on that please? Thanks!
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 11:22 by tommyguns.

• Jimnyash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2013 05:05 #84290 by Jimnyash
Replied by Jimnyash on topic Bought a Jimny!

helijohn wrote: I've found mine to be like most Suzukis and that is fairly frugal. There are a lot thirstier motors out there.

How frugal is fairly frugal out of interest?

More
25 Sep 2013 08:21 #84305 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Bought a Jimny!

Jimnyash wrote:

helijohn wrote: I've found mine to be like most Suzukis and that is fairly frugal. There are a lot thirstier motors out there.

How frugal is fairly frugal out of interest?

Miles better than 25mpg to start with! ;) I did a sort of brim test but I'll know better after a few more months though it is looking to be around 35mpg. I only do about 4 miles a day which doesn't help economy. On a long run I do get 30+ from my Mitsy though; I don't do long runs in the Chimny cos I like comfort on a road trip. :laugh: :laugh:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2013 08:22 #84306 by jonesyba420

tommyguns wrote: just googled to see what size they do and no luck so might have to leave it for now. bugger!

if your talking about tyres i got my kl71's from black circles.

dont think youll be able to fit 195 80's as youve got a newer jimny but theres pleanty of tyre threads on here to help you.

More
25 Sep 2013 08:41 #84313 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Bought a Jimny!

jonesyba420 wrote:
dont think youll be able to fit 195 80's as youve got a newer jimny

You'd have thought the clearances would have been the same. :ohmy:

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• jonesyba420
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2013 10:20 #84326 by jonesyba420
Different front bumper I believe.

• tommyguns
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2013 14:07 #84336 by tommyguns

jonesyba420 wrote: Different front bumper I believe.

i'm quite tempted to trim the front bumper a bit, even if I don't need to, mainly because its just something else to catch and rip off, so if its not covering anything I might, need to look into it more though.

saw some -30 modulars on jimnybits last night, would people recommend these over standard offset with spacers? I'lll admit I don't know much but at first thought it seems to be the more sensible option

• Zee Zee Top
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Sep 2013 15:04 #84342 by Zee Zee Top
Replied by Zee Zee Top on topic Bought a Jimny!
As for the wheel wobble. I heard somewhere that even when balanced properly they can 'warp' slightly when torqued up due to the uneven design around the wheel nuts.

More
25 Sep 2013 18:45 #84366 by Cruzer244
Replied by Cruzer244 on topic Re:Bought a Jimny!
Congrats!!! Hope you have many happy miles!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

2010 Suzuki Jimny With 3"GIZ Lift, Steel undies, front diff protector, Towbar and Some Very nice HID Xenon Lights

• tommyguns
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Sep 2013 14:59 #84544 by tommyguns
Hey guys,

Been looking at these,

tyresdirectuk.co.uk/shop/product-info.ph...;-Daihatsu)&id=31179

seems they are pretty popular from what i've read, they have a -7 offset, so just wondering if i'll notice much of a difference between these and the standard 3 spokes on her now, assuming i dont get any spacers?

Will probably fit some 205/70 maxxis trepadors to them.

Cheers!

More
27 Sep 2013 18:25 #84553 by idiotmobil
Replied by idiotmobil on topic Bought a Jimny!

markyp2000 wrote: The 3 spoke alloys have been known to cause wobble even if balanced and check for rust in the boot and under the rear seat bases

mines got rust in the back a bit that must be were my wobble is coming from lol

JIMNYLESS

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds