BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Sheps awesome 2013 jimny

• Dorfl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2013 05:16 #72278 by Dorfl
Replied by Dorfl on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
So, quick question. any ideas if a 2013 bonnet will fit earlier model (read 2008) Jimnys? I asked the local suzi dealer who were as helpful as you'd expect :angry: so I asked if I could just remove a bonnet from one on the lot to check real quick. They did not appreciate the idea :whistle: appreciate any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ozjoel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 May 2013 08:30 #72289 by ozjoel
Replied by ozjoel on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
pretty sure you would need the front 1/4 panels to mate, as they are different im sure.
i am also interested in this as i loooove the scoop, just needs the plastic bashed out of it so its functional!

• Dorfl
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 07:25 #72561 by Dorfl
Replied by Dorfl on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
Cheers Ozjoel I figured it might be something like that :( might just graft in a patrol one.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jun 2013 11:48 #72581 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny

ozjoel wrote: pretty sure you would need the front 1/4 panels to mate, as they are different im sure.
i am also interested in this as i loooove the scoop, just needs the plastic bashed out of it so its functional!

You definitely need the 2013 front wings too.

The new wings are 3-4inches higher at the front than the 98-12 cars were. However the internal framework hasn't changed at all, so the new wings just have plastic infill panels... what a bodge...

The scoop on the bonnet has plastic blanking plugs, so has no function. i dont think there is even a hole through the bonnet!

You could find a Jap 660cc bonnet? the 660 bonnet is the same as the 1.3's but with the scope and is meant for the intercooler so will have a cooling effect!

After seeing Karls 660 up close last week i want one! They certainly go well, left me standing!

• Shep
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 04:40 #72677 by Shep
Replied by Shep on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
Started fitting my suspension today only to realise that the radius arms have a fair bit of corrosion on them so I have had to strip off what ever the existing coating is and finish them properly.

I am a little annoyed as I thought that if I spent the cash I would be able to just bolt the kit in.

• barnes
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 06:59 #72685 by barnes
Replied by barnes on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
What arms are they mate?

• Shep
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 08:27 #72690 by Shep
They are ORA 4" arm's

• mudman
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 09:26 #72694 by mudman
Replied by mudman on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
have you spoke to them as thats very unusual for there stuff to turn up looking like that

• Shep
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 09:53 #72697 by Shep
I asked about getting green springs when I ordered black and about parts that were missing. Didn't get a answer about the springs and was told that the shock relocating bracket wasn't necessary and has been discontinued plus I apparently would be better off making my own bush tool even though there was meant to be one in the kit.

Long story short as I didn't get a satafactory response to the issues I brought up I don't believe there would be a point bringing up the radius arm issues. All the previous kits I have seen have had powder coated arms

They still mention the shock relocating bracket in the add.

www.offroad-armory.com/store/index.php?r...20_69&product_id=192

The main thing that annoys me is I have payed a deposit on a winch bumper from a company that seems to just be taking my money and sending crap that wouldn't be accepted by a customer that lives local to them.

• adamatdraycott
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 12:08 #72709 by adamatdraycott
Replied by adamatdraycott on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
I'd get back on to ORA and have the issue sorted. I've never dealt with them personally, but have only heard good reviews of their kit

• rajsuzuki
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 12:29 #72716 by rajsuzuki
Replied by rajsuzuki on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
Get back in touch with rob ASAP and explain what's happened ...

As for living close and getting a better service that's nonsense I live in the northeast and the service they provided when I wanted parts was fantastic .i would guess that there's a good reason why this has been a over sight to them ..

There not a company that would fob of there customers ....I recently spoke to rob for advice on a engine upgrade and instead of filling me up with crap and getting work in for him self , his advice was to just leave it alone as the engine I've got is up to the job .could easily have spent couple of grand with him that day .

• TomDK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
04 Jun 2013 14:20 - 04 Jun 2013 14:21 #72729 by TomDK
Replied by TomDK on topic Sheps awesome 2013 jimny
The zinc plated radius arms are a new design. You are probably one of the first ones to fit them. This does not excuse the bad plating, but could be an explanation. So instead of whining on a public forum, why not get in contact with Rob and get it sorted? I agree that rust on new radius arms are not acceptable, but at least let ORA get at chance to fix it.
Last edit: 04 Jun 2013 14:21 by TomDK.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds