BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 May 2015 19:55 #144479 by gaz3359
Replied by gaz3359 on topic Gaz's reasonably priced jimny..
Winch overhaul,having a bit more time on my hands than id like i deceded to strip the winch down as its been on nearly a couple of years now and last time i used it it was quite noisey the gears were all in good order the motor had a bit of mud and corrosion in it and also one of the bearings was very noisey.full clean regrease new bearing rebuild and a flash of paint good as new also washed the rope and painted the hook.been a while since i was last out hopefully get out soon.couple of pics

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2015 20:00 #144481 by gusthegorilla
Great job, Gaz....that's what I call a good day's work :)
Well worth the effort ;)

I'm planning to live forever.....so far, so good !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gaz3359

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
02 Oct 2015 22:03 #152894 by gaz3359
Bit of an update as it's been a while,nothing really of interest but a bit of maintenance.due to financial reasons my jimny has been my only mode of transport for past few months and looks like that won't change any time soon.i dont do many miles at all so its not really an issue although i miss have a car aswell so,i have only been out on the lanes 4 times this year but hoping thats going to change and its going to be a monthly thing again but seen as tho my jimny spends 90% of its time on the road ive gone back to my 410 transfer box and ditched the lobster box the noise was really doing my head in so it went,my 410box has done everything ive ever asked of it and is silent so thats staying.fitted some new shaft seals and fresh ep90 and a dolop of molly job sorted

File Attachment:

month ago i fitted 2 new wheel cylinders some brake pipes and a new osr wheel bearing.no pic

last week i fitted 2 new rose joints to the front panhard as there wasa small bit of play again no pic.

so i decided to get a box of bits for some routine maintenance and a bit of a service,i like to keep ontop of little jobs and maintenance as it pays in the log run.

File Attachment:

upto now ive changed the alt and steering belts been on nearly 3 year were due a change

File Attachment:

today i fitted a new set of front pads as the old ones had gone very wooden i appreciate jimny breaks are pretty poor anyways but these were knackered

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

and also chucked the new wiper blades on.doing the odd job here and there when ive got a spare couple hours rather than rush it will update accordingly.no more mods on the horizon yet although i do fancy a set of offset rims give me a bit more width again as i squirm in landy rutts had spacers in the past but didnt like them.thanks for looking

More
03 Oct 2015 06:16 #152901 by Halford
new wipers as well ... looks like someone's feeling the JImny love again :laugh:

good pics thanks for sharing

;)

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Oct 2015 08:41 #152906 by gaz3359
£1.40 a blade hal be daft not too.may aswell keep on top of it seen as tho its my only mode of transport.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2015 18:58 #153108 by gaz3359
Got the rear uj changed today,wasn't a huge amount of play in the old one but feels a lot better when pulling away

File Attachment:

got hold of what I think is a good battery just needs a charge 110 amp off a transit should give good pull on the winch although my current 90amp off a vectra derv has never let me down.

File Attachment:

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2015 19:05 #153109 by gaz3359
Also picked up a set of 30mm spacers these are the bolt on type going to give them a try see what it looks like got them for a decent price if im not happy with them will sell them on.sure they are solid steel as they weigh a ton

File Attachment:

More
06 Oct 2015 20:29 #153126 by Rhinoman
They could be a set of the old LA Supertrux spacers, in which case the thread on the studs is 1.5mm pitch. I had a set of them on my Vit, very heavy but reliable.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Oct 2015 20:58 #153131 by gaz3359
Sounds possible I did get a set of wheel nuts with them aswell.going to give them a try but running 7j wheels with 235's id suspect they may stick out too far

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Oct 2015 22:00 - 11 Oct 2015 22:01 #153436 by gaz3359
Oil and filter done sat afternoon

File Attachment:

front diff pinion seal changed aswell

File Attachment:

thats just about it for now I tried the spacers but they wheels stick out too far I would need some form of over arch not too fussed at the mo will just leave them.ive got a couple of other jobs to do and Im going to give It a coat of stonechip before the salt is here.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2015 22:01 by gaz3359.

• gaz3359
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Nov 2015 20:22 #155485 by gaz3359
So after playing about with my front springs couple days back I found my osf spring seat locator was in a right mess perished and bits missing.i put a request on here for a used one and dave of bits4vits was kind enough to post me a new one out he had in stock chucked it in today no creaky noises now much appreciated dave B)

File Attachment:

More
05 Nov 2015 21:07 #155496 by Halford
B) so that's what creaks ?

;)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds