BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Latest Pictures of my 'work in progress' Jimny

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2010 09:37 #4590 by Adamski
Just thought I'd upload some pictures of my Jimny in its current state. Its a work in progress and there are still lots of things I want like bull bars, spot lights, snorkel etc...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• renard38
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2010 14:08 #4596 by renard38

• adamjimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2010 16:07 #4597 by adamjimny
looking tidy so far hope it comes on well

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Sep 2010 19:55 #4603 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re:Latest Pictures of my 'work in progress' Jimny
can you come and do my windows - ace application!!! :)

• JimBru
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2010 11:14 #4608 by JimBru
Looks nice mate, it looks like its been lifted, is it body or suspension or both? i might do a lift in the future.

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2010 12:51 #4611 by Adamski
JimBru wrote:

Looks nice mate, it looks like its been lifted, is it body or suspension or both? i might do a lift in the future.

Thanks :). It's had a 3" suspension lift with Pro Comp ES3000 shock absorbers. Its also got 205/75/15 Colway tyres which in total make it sit 5" taller than a standard Jimny. The lift has certainly made a big change to the handling, the steering requires constant small corrections to make it drive in a straight line, however I did expect this before I did the lift.

• lukeyblunt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2010 17:15 #4656 by lukeyblunt
Replied by lukeyblunt on topic Re:Latest Pictures of my 'work in progress' Jimny
very nice! what a beaut! im hoping to have mine like this some day!She's sittin stock right now! :(
although, i would like to invest in some chunkier, nobbly tyres.. is a lift compulsary?
Also.. those foglights.. what are the specs? i'm not sure exactly what i'm looking for. and they look superb!
Thanks !
Luke B

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2010 18:52 #4660 by Adamski
lukeyblunt wrote:

very nice! what a beaut! im hoping to have mine like this some day!She's sittin stock right now! :(
although, i would like to invest in some chunkier, nobbly tyres.. is a lift compulsary?
Also.. those foglights.. what are the specs? i'm not sure exactly what i'm looking for. and they look superb!
Thanks !
Luke B

Thanks Luke,

I have 205/75/15 Colway Greenway tyres (I think Colway have since gone bust!?!?) sat on standard steel Jimny Wheels, here is a pic showing the size difference of my off road tyres compared to standard Jimny tyres (which are 205/70/15), they have roughly a 2" larger diameter so lift the diffs off the ground a bit more:

Im not 100% sure, however I reckon I could get away with my off-road tyres without a suspension lift. If the wheels were offset then I would guess arch cutting would be required. I'm hoping to put these tyres on some slightly offset modular's to give me a wider track to compensate for the 5" increase in hight, I don't fancy rolling it.

The fog lights are just the standard Jimny ones which come on certain models. I am eventually going to get bull bars and fit 2 big off road driving lamps.

So what have you got planned for yours?

• lukeyblunt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Sep 2010 19:41 #4887 by lukeyblunt
Replied by lukeyblunt on topic Re:Latest Pictures of my 'work in progress' Jimny
Awhh Wow. Yeah, that's exactly what i'm after !
This may sound like a stupid question, but when it comes down to cutting wheel arches, what exactly is involved?

Oh, I'm still on the hunt for some fog lights, to replace the fake grills underneith the headlights.
I've got a set of roof lights, but i'm not sure how to attatch them, as a simple roof rack would set them back almost half way down the roof!

So.. all am at so far is stickers and fire extinguisher!

More
29 Sep 2010 22:37 #4889 by kirkynut
Have you looked on ebay for fog lights as I saw a few on there when I sold mine and was looking how much they go for?

The roof lights can be brought as far forward as the joint between the end covers on the roof rails and the rails themselves. They will give you a beam some distance ahead if you get driving lamps so it won't matter so much if they are set that little bit back I wouldn't have thought.

The only thing with roof lights though is that they are vulnerable to trees.

I used to like my fog lamps before I got a winch bumper as they lit up the pot holes just in front of where I was driving as the headlamps went quite far ahead so I could never see what I was about to drive, only what was right up ahead.

If you do want roof lights though I've got a set of Thule lockable roof bars you can have cheap! They're no good with my cage now!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Adamski
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Sep 2010 07:12 #4891 by Adamski
kirkynut wrote:

If you do want roof lights though I've got a set of Thule lockable roof bars you can have cheap! They're no good with my cage now!

Kirkynut

I'd be interested in the roof bars, how much are you wanting for them? if postage was an issue i could get them from you at Tong in december if your going?

More
30 Sep 2010 08:57 #4892 by kirkynut
Adamski wrote:

kirkynut wrote:

Kirkynut

I'd be interested in the roof bars, how much are you wanting for them? if postage was an issue i could get them from you at Tong in december if your going?

PM sent!

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds