BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Newbie. James Jimny

• Nobby22
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2011 17:22 #16568 by Nobby22
Newbie. James Jimny was created by Nobby22
Hi all

Another proud jimny owner of a few months. Bought with modifications firmly in mind:)

Its a 2003 jimny mode, black and silver. Hopefully going to give it a 3" suspension lift soon. ( I have posted a question regarding prop spacers in the technical section. Please look if you can help).

In time i will add all the other bits, snorkel, winch etc. Hopefuly put some pics on when i do the lift.

I had my heart set on a defender :ohmy: but refused to pay the rediculous pricess they are going for. For what is a nackered old landy with over 100000 you can get a pucker zuk. With the wealth of parts and mods for the jimny and hearing of excelent off-road performance, and owning a Grand vitara previously, it was an easy decision.

Finaly just to say i live near Horsham in west sussex so if anyone goes on greenlaning trips or play days and would like company send me a message. Would like to find a club that isnt totaly full of landrovers.:)

Thanks for looking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2011 20:07 #16578 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
hello
stick some piccies up :)

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 May 2011 14:28 #16730 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
Hey man,

I'm down in Seaford and there's some fairly decent green lanes near here if you want to meet up one Sunday or something. They take probably about 45 minutes each way if you do them at walker friendly pace.

• noggin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 May 2011 20:37 #16879 by noggin
Replied by noggin on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
Nobby, you live near Horsham? I also live near Horsham... Wisborough Green in fact, I lived in Horsham until recently.

Pm me, I'm back in Horsham on Friday

Craig G(Noggin)

• Nobby22
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 May 2011 15:10 #16904 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
Hi

Thats sounds good. How are the lanes? I mean will i be ok on road tyres. I will be modifiying it soon but may not get AT tyres for a while. Just want to get out and about realy. Iam in no rush but if you have any dates in mind ley me know and see if we can arrange a day.

Cheers.

• noggin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 May 2011 20:50 #16917 by noggin
Replied by noggin on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
I'll take you over Leith Hill at some point, Surrey has quite a few lanes that will be fine for a standard Jimny. We could arrange a group meet/drive to East Sussex?

Craig G(Noggin)

• Municipal Waste
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 May 2011 05:11 #16922 by Municipal Waste
Replied by Municipal Waste on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
The green lanes around Eastbourne were pretty easy in the Jimny even in the winter with standard tyres. There's a climb from Alfriston to Frog Firl which is seriously steep and on slick chalk and my beastie went straight up.

In fact the only thing that has stopped me so far is the wet grass slope outside Newhaven McDonalds that I slid back down and landed on my spare wheel cover :whistle:

• darthloachie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 May 2011 10:46 #16931 by darthloachie
Replied by darthloachie on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny

Municipal Waste wrote: The green lanes around Eastbourne were pretty easy in the Jimny even in the winter with standard tyres. There's a climb from Alfriston to Frog Firl which is seriously steep and on slick chalk and my beastie went straight up.

In fact the only thing that has stopped me so far is the wet grass slope outside Newhaven McDonalds that I slid back down and landed on my spare wheel cover :whistle:

too many burgers!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Nobby22
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 May 2011 14:54 #16937 by Nobby22
Replied by Nobby22 on topic Re: Newbie. James Jimny
Hi all

Well here she is. The first promised picture (i hope).

Attachment IMG_3894.JPG not found

Already de "hairdressered" it a bit bit by removing the chrome side bars. Also took out the rear seats and put down some ply to level it off. Much more room.;) Had to put a new back box on the exhaust a few days ago. I had to remove the bumper to get access to the rusty nuts. Had to use an angle grinder in the end. The rest of the exhaust is ok, thank god.:)
Anyway hope you guys like it. Will post more when i give it its lift. Hopefuly sometime next month.;)

Thanks

James
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds