BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× Tell us about your Jimny and post some pictures! Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Project Spearmint Rhino

• Phillingham
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 18:47 - 22 Apr 2011 19:03 #15350 by Phillingham
Project Spearmint Rhino was created by Phillingham

Attachment 004.JPG not found

So i bought this Jimny right.............We all know how the story goes! You buy a super pocket size off roader to compete with the Deaf enders and show them what you can do, and then competing at the same level isn't good enough, you need to excel. So you spend sleepless nights comparing the benefits of mods and your bank balance. And then, before you know it, your mid life crissis has arrived. You feel the need to do it now, or look back in 20 years time from a urine stained armchair wandering "what if?"

Attachment 025.JPG not found

Attachment 040.JPG not found

So you open up your wallet, after all, you can't take it with you when you go right? Let the mods begin. I started with a 3" lift, adjustable pan hards, extended brake lines and castor correction bushes. After a short drive, the brown stains left on the driver's seat certainly was not mud! So again, the wallet opened for castor correction radius arms. After fitting, there was a floppiness between the transfer box and prop shaft that resembelled a broken limb as a child. Wallet now broken in half through the abuse and a prop spacer on order, i feel a little alcohol abuse coming on...ummm alcohol, the cause of.......and solution to.......all of life's problems! 11am and a severe hangover later, the spacer was fitted.Test drive proved fine, but i think it will benefit from asteering damper. Open the wallet and it started to laugh at me, nothing left, time to flog some useless fecal matter on flea bay!

Attachment 0352.JPG not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2011 19:03 by Phillingham.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• NickG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 18:54 #15351 by NickG
Replied by NickG on topic Re: Project Spearmint Rhino
Hay come on i was golden on the stabllizer Kit .:angry: :angry:
Looks good (need 33"tyres)

• Phillingham
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 19:00 #15352 by Phillingham
Replied by Phillingham on topic Re: Project Spearmint Rhino
Thanks Nick, you are a true diamond there is no doubt. The tyres are catching the font edge of the bumper when articulating, so may need to trim with the 4.5" angle grinder. I know bigger is better, but the missus still may have to borrow it from time to time so still needs to be a bit user friendly, (for now)!!:blush:

More
22 Apr 2011 19:15 #15353 by dirtydogz
Mid life crisis I'm sill have one at 57 roll on the bus pass :dry:

Attachment DSCF1391.JPG not found

Yes that is me in the front seat.;)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:

• NickG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 19:17 #15354 by NickG
Replied by NickG on topic Re: Project Spearmint Rhino
Looks very cool (Mint cool)
why do the Japanese always do strange colours.:sick: :sick:
MINE INCLUDED (soon to be nato green)

Not mocking your colour Chris
Enjoy up there on the north coast. :) B) :)

• Phillingham
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 19:28 #15355 by Phillingham
The colour of my rhino is questionable, i have been asked if i am a gay hairdresser, and if i do child's entertainment, to name just a couple of insults!!!
I had a Trooper years ago, then i painted it olive green and let the kids loose with black aerosol, who knew it would actually turn out cool, but i wander where they got the practice with the aerosol?????:whistle:

• Phillingham
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Apr 2011 19:31 #15356 by Phillingham
I used to say that i had never grown up, but the toys had got more expensive!!:unsure:

More
22 Apr 2011 19:39 - 22 Apr 2011 19:48 #15357 by dirtydogz
I think yours is the base coat for my jimny :evil:
DIRTYDOGZ

Attachment imagesCAM6H2W0.jpg not found

I think the colour look good with the white wheels so keep up the good work B)

2002 JLX Soft Top B)
Jimnybits 2" lift +Pro Comp ES1000 shocks.:) Big Jimny rear shock mounts. Big Jimny adjustable panhard rods.
Big Jimny steering damper bracket. Disco Armstrong steering damper. 7X15 black modulars. 205/75/15 Maxxis 743 bravo m/t.Superpro camber correction bushes.Black A bar....
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Apr 2011 19:48 by dirtydogz.

More
23 Apr 2011 12:39 #15379 by mcjimny
Replied by mcjimny on topic Re: Project Spearmint Rhino

Phillingham wrote: I used to say that i had never grown up, but the toys had got more expensive!!:unsure:

"The only thing the seperates the men from the boys is the size of their toys!"

I like the overall look of it, the wheels suit it. A fastback hood would make a big difference imo.

Black Jimny's don't get stuck!

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds