BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Radiator foam

More
01 Jul 2023 13:05 #249666 by mickyd
Radiator foam was created by mickyd
Does anyone replace the radiator foam??
two wide ones at the side and the narrow strips top and bottom.
What are they bonded on with, where can you get them (main dealer only?) and how much do they cost.
One of the wide ones fell off today, and the other look's like it's on its last legs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
01 Jul 2023 18:03 #249667 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Radiator foam
I just copied them on my last Jimny with some furniture foam and stuck on with some 3m double sided tape.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickyd

More
02 Jul 2023 08:40 #249668 by JAGtheman
Replied by JAGtheman on topic Radiator foam
interesting... mine were rubbish so I just threw them out....... should I have them?.. what do they do?

Julian
2008 Gen 3 Manual
Being completely revitalised

More
02 Jul 2023 15:11 #249674 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic Radiator foam
I would suggest the foam is used to control air flow in the area around the radiator. Air is inherently lazy and will take every opportunity it can to sneak around obstructions, so the foam stops this. Do you need it?
Only Suzuki know how much its needed, but then they also dont fit things just for the fun of it. 
On its own the lack of it is unlikely to cause problems, but the improvement it brings has gone. 
I will be replacing mine using the Lambert "copy and tape" method above when it finally falls off. 

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds