BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Spring lengths

• Mooser
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2018 15:35 #191483 by Mooser
Spring lengths was created by Mooser
Recently bought another jimny it’s been lifted I think it’s 3” but I’d like to be sure as it’s broken both front springs and don’t wan to order +3” springs if it’s only a 2” lift

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
09 Apr 2018 17:41 #191487 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Spring lengths
There's so many different types of spring that offer something approximate to a 3 inch lift, some are soft and long others are shorter but stiffer it's a minefield. How tall is the arch to hub gap on the none snapped end of the car, that will be a good place to start on matching the height. Also and this is just my opinion but it would be a lot easier to get a set of 4 springs from one source and start again with a known quantity.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
09 Apr 2018 18:22 - 09 Apr 2018 18:25 #191488 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Spring lengths
Lambert is correct, an unknown spring will be hard to match. If one has snapped, then the chances are its a cheap-n-nasty kit so best replaced anyway. (or a really old and past it now kit)

example of the size difference: orange is Trailmaster 2" petrol, green is Zanfi 3" diesel, but a lot longer without load on it.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Apr 2018 18:25 by Riccy. Reason: past it coment

• Mooser
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Apr 2018 21:03 #191495 by Mooser
Replied by Mooser on topic Spring lengths
It looks to be the pro comp kit that’s on it I considered welding one of the springs back together to measure the gap hub to arch but unsure how accurate it would be after that much heat

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds