BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Transfer Box Mounts

• Rob
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Sep 2015 14:10 - 15 Sep 2015 14:11 #152015 by Rob
Transfer Box Mounts was created by Rob
Hi There. This is my first post here and my first Jimny.....please be nice!
The passenger side transfer box snapped in what I believe is known as "the usual place".
Having found the cost of an OE one added the cost of new bushes I found it was cheaper to buy a pair of ORA Heavy Duty ones and heavy duty bushes.
The broken bracket came off with out too much pain and the new one went on a treat. Now the question. Is it possible to remove the drivers side bracket in situ and fit the new ORA one? For the sake of 6 bolts it seems a bit of a faff to have to take out the transfer box but it does look a sqeeze!
Cheers Rob
Last edit: 15 Sep 2015 14:11 by Rob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Sep 2015 19:19 #152027 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Transfer Box Mounts
Not got an ora one but my jimnybits one was a real wrist snapper to do but it did go on with the box in place. Eventually.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds