BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Water Ingress

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 21:15 #54063 by Smoggy
Water Ingress was created by Smoggy
Of you guys that have had your Jimnys through deep water, where if anywhere have you noticed the water creeping into your cabs?

I would expect the usual spots being door seals, rear arches where the clips punch through from arch trims, handbrake cable grommet, gearshift gaiter(s), holes in the rear floor :laugh: etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• p1ngu32
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 21:58 #54066 by p1ngu32
Replied by p1ngu32 on topic Water Ingress
Ive been up to the door handles in water and never had any come in. It floats on top of the water rather than letting it in :)

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 22:03 #54067 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Water Ingress
Small seaps here and there but worst one was the air valve near the rear door , still not figured a way to stop water but keep the function

More
23 Nov 2012 22:41 - 23 Nov 2012 22:42 #54074 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Water Ingress

reaper wrote: Small seaps here and there but worst one was the air valve near the rear door , still not figured a way to stop water but keep the function

Maybe replace it with some form of clack valve? Air pressure from shutting doors would open it but water pressure from outside would close it? Or a simple spring loaded version that opens due to air pressure but otherwise it's shut?

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS
Last edit: 23 Nov 2012 22:42 by j999pre.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 22:44 #54075 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Water Ingress
That was the only thing i could see working , spring loaded plate with some high density foam for a seal

• Smoggy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Nov 2012 22:54 #54077 by Smoggy
Replied by Smoggy on topic Water Ingress
Mmm thats interesting I forgot about those, there are 2 I think one each side of the tailgate. Whats your handbrake cable seal like mines a big oval hole with no grommet.

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds