BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Re: 2005 Jimny check engine light on.

• dougies_tx5turbo
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2012 09:56 #53902 by dougies_tx5turbo
Re: 2005 Jimny check engine light on. was created by dougies_tx5turbo
jimny 2005 vvt manual 85,000kms

Q. how to manually read error codes on a 2005 vvt jimny with only the two wire plug?

Ive been having engine light problems for a couple of months now, and this time its not going away.
Ive done a bit of research and could be a few things.
Could be the oxygen sensor because its chewing a lot more fuel than it should be (about 200 to 220 out of a tank).
Or it could be the crank angle sensor as it was having an idle shiver in the past (but its not doing it now).

jimny 2005 vvt manual 85,000kms
got some good news and bad news. i think ive found the plug that everyone is talking about. but it is not exactly the same. i only found this plug that is similar looking but only has two wires in it and that's the only plug in the left foot well. and then i found a plug in the middle behind the 4wd buttons but doesn't look any thing like it.
this is the one in the foot well, plug has got a black wire and a pink wire

and this is the one behind the 4wd buttons

ok ive just gone down and looked at an 03' non vvt jimny and its got this plug,facing the plug its got a grey wire top middle, red bottom right, pink bottom middle and black bottom left. but my 05' vvt jimny has the same plug but only two wires. facing the plug black is bottom left and pink is bottom middle.

thanks doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2012 10:06 #53903 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: 2005 Jimny check engine light on.
Get yourself an obdII reader about 15 quid from ebay. The plug is left side of steering wheel and looks like a scart plug

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Nov 2012 10:22 #53905 by vitara_mad
Replied by vitara_mad on topic Re: 2005 Jimny check engine light on.
i use this its always worked for me

www.rhinopower.org/diag/cel.html

• vitara_mad
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2012 16:05 #54561 by vitara_mad

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds