BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Cutting out after long trips

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2012 08:33 #48287 by adam
Cutting out after long trips was created by adam
Ok so this is what keeps happening. I set off from Lancaster with a perfect start, I drive in any conditions up in the Lakes (sun, rain, wind, good traffic or really bad). All is fine until I arrive where ever I’m parking whether it’s a car park or at the side of the road. When I start manoeuvring my Jim just cuts out and doesn’t re start for about 5-10 mins and even then I’ve got to rev it a lot to get it going. She always starts first time even when shes been left a week or so.

Any ideas?? Could it be the spark plugs?? Her temperature never rises too high, never rises above half way! and this only happens after I have driven her for an hour or so!! :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ZookFastback
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2012 10:02 #48291 by ZookFastback
Replied by ZookFastback on topic Cutting out after long trips
I'm betting cam angle sensor. Is your Jimny G13BB SOHC or M13A DOHC? If the first then the sensor is on the rear of the head, near the firewall. Cheap to replace or you can beg borrow or steal one, fit it and go on trip. Not sure where it is on M13A.

• adam
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2012 15:04 #48304 by adam
Replied by adam on topic Cutting out after long trips
Hi ZookFastback, I dont know what kind mine is, Iv never heard of either of them :blink:
so do I go under or in the bonet to get to that! sorry for the thick question. I have no idea when it comes to the engine in a car... :S

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Sep 2012 17:54 #48316 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Cutting out after long trips
does it have a cam belt of timing chain is it single cam or twin cam has it a plastic cover over the spark plugs

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds