BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Engine warning light again ?

• ejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2012 10:35 #48111 by ejimny
Engine warning light again ? was created by ejimny
Hello again,I previously asked for any opinion or help regarding my girlfriends jimny as it had an engine warning light that was not able to be detected at the garage when a diagnostic was done.
A few of you replied (which i was very greatful) and suggested the cam/crank sensor which was replaced recently at the garage.
The problem continued and another diagnostic suggested it was the coil ?
The garage said they had cleaned it and reset the fault which didnt show again for 1 day then was back again.
The next time they said it was the Lambda sensor which was replaced but after only 2 days the warning light has come back again !
It also has the same drop in power/stuttering as happened before.
This is the 4th time now and i would appreciate any info which i could pass on to the garage as we seem to be going round in circles
I will be leaving shortly to pick up her Jimny to return it to the garage after the w/e so dont think i'm being rude not replying straight away if there are any replies
Cheers Dean ;-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• goatboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2012 12:25 - 14 Sep 2012 12:26 #48112 by goatboy
Replied by goatboy on topic Engine warning light again ?
Crank sensor and lambda would be the 2 most likely causes but it sounds like you ruled those out....

Did the coil only get cleaned? I've never seen anyone on here say one has gone but I guess its possible,
I had one go on my old Octavia and it ran horribly!

No idea how much they are to replace? Maybe if you are local to another member with the same engine you could borrow a coil and see how it drives.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2012 12:26 by goatboy.

More
14 Sep 2012 14:03 #48115 by j999pre
some jimny's have two lamda sensors one in the manifold and one in the cat. Maybe they changed the wrong one?

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• iloveics
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Sep 2012 17:20 #48121 by iloveics
Replied by iloveics on topic Engine warning light again ?
the pre-cat sensor is the one which effect the running of the engine, that one relays info back to the engine control unit to adjust air/fuel etc. the post cat sensor's purpose is to monitor the emissions, checks the cat is working correctly. That will bring up the engine management light but should't effect the running of the engine.

It's possible you had a bad batch of fuel, or the fuel filter is blocked, just an idea?

• ejimny
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 Sep 2012 10:38 - 17 Sep 2012 10:43 #48242 by ejimny
Replied by ejimny on topic Engine warning light again ?
Thanks Goatboy yes the coil was only cleaned i drove it back from my girlfriends last night and it seems to run ok,i will let the garage check it again !

j999pre thanks for the info ,appreciated !

iloveics again thanks for the info it's really helpfull to pass it on to the garage !
Last edit: 17 Sep 2012 10:43 by ejimny. Reason: Added messages

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds