BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

brakes

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 21:28 #45828 by suzuki jimny fella
brakes was created by suzuki jimny fella
my wheel was hard to turn to day drivers side and on strip down there was water in the dust seal so striped it down piston out etc and there was little bits of pitting in piston clean it up rebuild it and it was the pin in caliper that holds caliper on that had seized up lol re bleed the brake and seemed to be ok

how has the piston got little holes in :-(

how much brake fluid do the hole brake system take going to flush it tomorrow morning
dot 4is it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 21:40 #45830 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: brakes
why are you using a piston with holes in it

id use dot 5.1 none silicone blead one brake till the bottle is nearly empty then fill it with new fluid cary on bleading that one brake till it comes trough clean the go rround and blead the other to nipples out

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 21:49 #45831 by suzuki jimny fella
Replied by suzuki jimny fella on topic Re: brakes
i strip it thinking it was piston but it was not that lol but because i seen it now i am bit worried haha

they say dot 3 see

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 21:55 #45832 by markyp2000
dot4 replaced dot3 years ago and dot 5.1 is the up grade from dot4 and seeing as you are flushing/replacing the fluid it will be fine

on your piston do you mean the shiny crome coating is pitted and showing rust if it was my car id keep an eye on it and look out for a replacment caliper it will always be in your mind will it fail not only that there is also other road users to think off itup to you if you replace the caliper

• suzuki jimny fella
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 22:06 #45833 by suzuki jimny fella
Replied by suzuki jimny fella on topic Re: brakes
it looks like little little dents if you get me lol no fluid leaking though if i noticed that it was the slide pins i would have not found these

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Aug 2012 22:19 #45834 by markyp2000
may be ok then

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds